Percentage Simbrah Bull

Help Support CattleToday:

ffamom

Reaction score
We bred this guy for higher EPD numbers. Grew him out and impatiently waiting for the time to turn him out,14 months now. Not really happy about him being so sheathy, but he is what he is and we don't have the extra money to buy a bull. His sire is Grand Master a numbers leader in the Simmental breed. Dam is a Simbrah with average numbers. Will turn him out with Simbrah and Brangus cows and heifers. I hope the low birth weight numbers don't lie.
Grand_Slam3.jpg

If this bull is to be used as a freshner, so be it. If he is going to be foundation for a herd of Simbra animals, he would not be my choice at all. to much sheath, not enough muscle that I can see in the pic, and he looks to be pinched in the heart girth, and no crest visible

Houston i done went and ruined you, posting that picture of old Napoleon. But he does make alot of these other bulls look a little hatched assed.

Honestly it is too poor a pic to tell much about him. I can blow the pic up on my iPad and he looks like he has potential to develope. Could you post a different pic?

Red Bull Breeder":39rnk7oq said:
Houston i done went and ruined you, posting that picture of old Napoleon. But he does make alot of these other bulls look a little hatched assed.

Now RBB, I didnt say anything bad about his rump, that and his scrotal look ok.

A picture from the side might have gave a better look at him Houston. Still don't think you would see any crest and might make the heart girth look worse.

Australian":2dfeqlb6 said:
If you plan on putting him over anything other than a Brahman derived breed, he won't do much, he won't pass on many attributes.
Hybrid vigor????????
I would like to see what some terminal calves would do in the feed lot breeding him to some Angus or other European.

ffamom":geosrgks said:
We bred this guy for higher EPD numbers. Grew him out and impatiently waiting for the time to turn him out,14 months now. Not really happy about him being so sheathy, but he is what he is and we don't have the extra money to buy a bull. His sire is Grand Master a numbers leader in the Simmental breed. Dam is a Simbrah with average numbers. Will turn him out with Simbrah and Brangus cows and heifers. I hope the low birth weight numbers don't lie.
Grand_Slam3.jpg

He looks like a decent bull for what you are trying to do. Sure, there are things you could fault him on but in general he'sOK I would give him more capacity though!

His one and only show will be on Monday at San Antonio. I don't expect him to do well. To be honest, he isn't a great one, but he is easy to deal with. In my books that counts for a lot. He is tight in the heart and sheathy. Has a nice butt and does have enough depth for us. And for the record, he does have a crest, not huge but visible. In reality, he will be a clean up bull. My husband AI's all our cattle, but we have 3 that wont AI. He will get them and get a shot at the others. In the Simbrah breed, if you breed a 3/4 Simmental 1/4 Brahman to a purebred Simbrah, you get a purebred. You are allowed to float a 1/16th.

We keep bulls for about 2 seasons, then we sell or butcher them for hamburger. Below is a link to our next clean up bull if we don't sell him as a steer. Again a 3/4 Simmental 1/4 Brahman. He is about 4 months old. Below is link to his youtube video. I like him better than the 13 month bull at the same age.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAi2v0-aehI

Yes I like the look of your youngster...Might I make a suggestion, if you are going to be a purebreed producer, save your money buy the best bull you can afford, and then collect him, to AI with... That way you would get more bang for your buck.