Show me your herd bull

Help Support CattleToday:

Oh the cows can handle it but high birth weights scare customers.
Never heard of anyone asking about birth weights when I'm selling steers, and when I'm selling replacement heifers they only ask about they bull I AI'd them to.
Are you selling bulls?
We should be breeding for easy calving at the maternal end rather than low birth weights... but maybe that's just me. (Wouldn't be the first time.)

Never heard of anyone asking about birth weights when I'm selling steers, and when I'm selling replacement heifers they only ask about they bull I AI'd them to.
Are you selling bulls?
We should be breeding for easy calving at the maternal end rather than low birth weights... but maybe that's just me. (Wouldn't be the first time.)
We sell 20 to 30 bull a year our average customer needs a bull that will work for both heifers and mature cows. We also retain bulls to use in our breeding program and retain heifers out of the program. So your right no one cares when buying steers they do want to make sure a heifer is bred to a calving ease bull but a bull customer wants what will work for them and in most cases with our customer base a 5.8 is higher than they want to use. All that being said I really like the bull and very well as previously stated may use him.

We sell 20 to 30 bull a year our average customer needs a bull that will work for both heifers and mature cows. We also retain bulls to use in our breeding program and retain heifers out of the program. So your right no one cares when buying steers they do want to make sure a heifer is bred to a calving ease bull but a bull customer wants what will work for them and in most cases with our customer base a 5.8 is higher than they want to use. All that being said I really like the bull and very well as previously stated may use him.
I like him a lot from what I could see. I'd just use him on cows cows with three breeding cycles behind them.

Not sure what an '8 in 5' bull is referring to but if it is a 2500 lb plus behemoth I think I will take a pass.
I hope he works out for you.

Lee, I really enjoy your texts. We think alike. I encourage you to find the book "Man, Cattle, and Veld" by Johann Ziettsman. It's right up your alley. In fact, I encourage everyone on this board to read it.

Latest posts