SHORTHORN BULL thumbs up or thumbs down

Help Support CattleToday:

Coyote

Reaction score
We got a good rain here today finally. Here is a picture of our 8 year old herdsire.
In my opinion this is what a herdsire is suppose to look like on grass.
Ult_130.jpg

I'd take him off your hands ;-) . He is a good looking boy, I really like his length.

ps. you could send a bit of that rain on down south a bit :cry2: we could use it....

Anyone else notice that this 8 year old bull has almost a perfect topline. Maybe there is something to be said for structurally correct animals and longevity.

BTW, thumbs up

dun":3d9bim5z said:
Anyone else notice that this 8 year old bull has almost a perfect topline. Maybe there is something to be said for structurally correct animals and longevity.

BTW, thumbs up

Very good point, especially considering how long he is.

randiliana did you get some rain? This Sunday morning we have an inch, hope you get some. I heard at Hazenmore the water was running down the ditches.

He is a Shorthorn bull that we bought .
His name is Alta Cedar Ultimate 130K.

This is a daughter that we are flushing this spring.
61p_1_.jpg

TNMasterBeefProducer, he is pure Shorthorn so he is TH, Pha free.
We don't have any calving difficulties with him, we calve out on pasture and they are not baby sat.
His calves are a little heavier at birth than our other bull's calves. We don't use him on heifers, if you believe in EPDs his BW is 3.4.

Like was said . . . no mistaking him for a cow. Wish all of mine looked like that. Thanks for the post.

Coyote":2ivglw9i said:
We got a good rain here today finally. Here is a picture of our 8 year old herdsire.
In my opinion this is what a herdsire is suppose to look like on grass.
Ult_130.jpg

Two thumbs WAY up! :mrgreen:

Latest posts