Shipping Containers

Help Support CattleToday:

I can't imagine living in a 8x8x40 container. It would be like living in a military Conex box...
But, I once, (around 2001) while clearing some forest off and waiting for our new house to be built, spent about 10 months (May thru March) in a tiny little 1 bedroom house that had an 8X18 living room. It was originally an above garage apartment that my father bought and had moved onto his property as weekend place decades ago. There was room for 1 couch and a wood burning stove in the 'living room'. Bedroom was bigger and kitchen was adequate but still small. I put a porch on it just because I could and was bored over the winter rainy months and it changed things a lot..to me anyway.. Before the porch, it felt like what I imagined was being in jail when winter weather hit. I had to do a lot to be able to stay there even that short amount of time. Wiring was a mess and not much plumbing. I even had a window ac in the bedroom and a washer in the tiny dining room and the dryer was in the kitchen.

This picture was taken years later, after I sold that parcel of property, but the little house is still there..it got hit hard by hurricane Rita in 2005, had 4 ' of water in it during the Harvey flood but stayed put on it's concrete blocks. Hurricane Rita was hard on it and the photo shows it.

DSC00086.JPG

DSC00087.JPG

Latest posts