Sheez it's cold

Help Support CattleToday:

Yeah, but I'm headed to the ranch today. Low tonight 20. Build a fire and break out the longjohns! The bucks should be chasing the does big time!

At least it's clear and sunny. Fools you into thinking that it's a nice day.

dun

We've actaully got a week of no rain or snow predicted. The operative word is predicted. They should alwasy end the weather forcasts with "Subject to very tricky limitations"

dun

LOL! :lol:

Interesting to hear everyone's responce. I absolutely love the cool weather. I guess I was just cut out for the cold. As a matter of fact,.....when the heat of summer rolls around, I'm wishing I could move further north for a few months. ;-)

To each his/her own I guess. :cboy:

Enjoy the day!

When I was younger (much younger) I used to say that you can alwasy put on enough clothes to stay warm but you can't alwasy take off enough to get cool. I quit saying that when I spent a year in Iceland. It's the only place I've been that the wind blew more then in the desert. I was cold for 366 days, I got stuck there in a leap year. Now me and my bones would rather take it off and still be hot then to try to put enough on to be warm.

dun

This AM was 29, tomorrow is to be 25 high near 50. The only thing that bothers me is the sun goes down at 5:45. That is when I usually hit my stride.

Scotty

Scotty":3psr4n4z said:
This AM was 29, tomorrow is to be 25 high near 50. The only thing that bothers me is the sun goes down at 5:45. That is when I usually hit my stride.

Scotty

I'm just the opposite. Start around 3:30-4 am and work till noon or one then I'm about done for the day, except for chores of course. After 30 plus years it still drives my long suffering wife nuts.

dun

We're having a "cold snap" now, teens to low 20's predicted for tonight...I get used to the cold after a about a week, but the dark is what gets me, hate feeding in the dark mornings. At least the mud gets hard when it's cold. Just please, no more rain!

Expecting an early January calf, so I predict a major snow event for central Virginia then.

The first real cold spell of the year, single digit nights, alwasy makes me long to be back in the desert where we know it's pretty sure thing that it's gonna get warm during the day.
Ah well, the prices we pay..............

dun

so much for my split leafed philodendron on the patio. its cold as nuts here.

I love to hear Texas and the south actually get some real weather too-- Probably warmer up here on the Canadian line than down there--Was 34 this morning and got up to 47--Got up in the 60's a couple of days ago-- Fixed up some fence spots this morning--Took the grandkids on a 4 wheeler ride down on the creek and thru the cows this afternoon- Sure a 180 degree change from last winter when we'd already got 2 foot of snow by now....

Still have not had a day below zero-- Normally have at least one below zero day by Thanksgiving---- But they say that may change- predicting temps down around the 0 mark for Christmas- hopefully no or little snow as cows are still enjoying grazing.............I enjoy brown Christmas's....

I know you don't want alot of snow, but, I hope that there is a little at least for Christmas. You know most of us native Texans have never had a white Christmas, so when we are in your neck of the woods for Christmas next week I hope that there is some. Then when we leave it can melt so that your cattle can go back to grazing. ;-)

You folks way up north would really get a chuckle out of our local Houston TV weather guessers. Last night they went to great lengths to warn us of the FRIGID weather and to prepare for a HARD freeze, as some of the most northern and western suburbs could expect to get as low as 25 or 26 degrees, with the main parts of the city to be about 30 degrees (the first freeze in 3 years). They are also fond of using the term "the BITTER BLAST" of cold air. What a complete bunch of idiots and wimps! But I must add that two of the biggest cold weather wimps that I know are friends of mine here in Houston, but that were born and raised through college age in the UP of Michigan and Boston. Their blood must really have thinned out, because when we get a little cool weather down here they act just like so many of the natives -- you'd think we were in the polar regions! :lol:

I live half way North, and I HATE the snow. If it isn't 8" I can't stand it because it doesn't get me out of school and it's just a nuisance that I have to shovel and mess around in. I've been very happy with the 2" we've had so far. The rest of winter it can stay around 40 and rain, that'd be just fine with me.

Jake":1jlmw1s0 said:
The rest of winter it can stay around 40 and rain, that'd be just fine with me.

Boy, you musta smoked your supper!!!

We have a high of barely 40 and a low in the teens w/o the wind chill. The ground is almost frozen. Far as I'm concerned, this is what winter is supposed to be. Cold till the ground freezes then dump the snow. None of that rain on Christmas stuff and mud up to my knees. I don't like to use 2 tractors and a chain...

Latest posts