Sheez it's cold

Help Support CattleToday:

D.R. Cattle":6qar2w4n said:
Walked out on the porch this AM to check the thermometer, dang! 40F. I guess that rules out me moving North of here.

That's just getting invigorating, as long as the wind isn't blowing. 26 this morning 2/20-30 mph winds. Supposed to be around 12-15 tomorrow. But it is December

un

Invigorating? It was just invigorating enough to make me RUN back into the house and set my boots by the fire before heading out. I will admit the cool weather has a way of making me trigger happy. Felt like taking a walk with my bolt action hole puncher this morn.

40F ? :shock: Thats down right balmy!

7F Here in South Dakota this morning, and nobody's complaining. No snow on the ground,.....probably would have been well below zero if there was.

Also, had 40-50mph winds yesterday. Windchill was around -15F, and still nobody unhappy.

Mildest winter in quite sometime! 8)

:)

40 in Florida! I bet you are freezing. We had 40 plus yesterday with this warm wind going through. We luckly are west of that cold northern front coming through the Dakotas since the Canadians left the freezer door open. ;-) But the Dakotas are getting that wind that we had 2 days before.

Wouldn't trade our temps and snow for your Huricanes anyday.

D.R. Cattle":2y4367st said:
Walked out on the porch this AM to check the thermometer, dang! 40F. I guess that rules out me moving North of here.
D.R. stay there. Supposed to get down to 28 in south Louisiana tonight.
When it gets down to 32 I consider that extreme cold. Just hope we can hang on here until the temperature becomes more civilized.

Guys guys guys. When we went to Grande Prarie Alberta last Saturday, it was -30 degrees celcius. without the windchill. I guess y'all do have a point. In Canada it now is just scratching the surface. Too bad it isn't spring all year.......

I can't believe there are that many people that would actually live in a frozen tundra and enjoy it. My windstorm once every 30 years to your freeze your arse off every 6 months? Well different strokes I guess. I salute you brave souls. I'm getting low on firewood already and this is about as cold as it normally gets. I suspect by the end of the week I'll have the AC back on though. At least the cows are happy.

It was 3 @ our house this morning. Yesterday those 50 mph winds were a killer. Of course one of my cows picked a great day to need to be AI'd. Of course my chute is right out in the open. I remember now why I don't want to live in Minnesota!

People complain here if its 55 outside. Tomorrow supposed to get like 27. Good thing I dont have any finals that day so I can just curl up in bed under the covers and sleep in. I cant stand the cold. Id rather have it 90 than cold.

Our temps aren't as low as ya'll up north but the humidity here makes them pretty bad. Especially when that cold north wind is blowing.

Josh

Well personally I think the cold SUCKS! It's going to be 28 degrees here tonight.. I don't know if I can stand it! I'm going to have to find that darn parka for tomorrow morning...

The good thing about being in Texas, it can be freezing one day, and 70's the next! I can hardly wait for the 70's..

TheBullLady":bhkfzhdk said:
The good thing about being in Texas, it can be freezing one day, and 70's the next! I can hardly wait for the 70's..

Well you need to just leave the long johns on- Takes care of the temperature changes..........
This part of the country the long johns go on in September and don't come off until the 4th of July---- Its optional if you change them in between...

Thanks for the chuckle, OT!

There are a few old boys that used to hang around the local auction mart (before it burned down this summer :( sad to say) that surely didn't change those longjohns or remove them for summer. Peee-yew!

Take care.

12 degrees this morning but at least the wind has died down to about 5-10 mph. Expected high of 30 but still with 5-10 winds. Not a bad day for December, but it would sure suck in June. Supposed to be in the 50's tomorrow, one can only hope.

dun

Latest posts