Sex Wax

Help Support CattleToday:

Fly-guy":qu90tl0d said:
Kathie in Thorp":qu90tl0d said:
. . . . Ahhh, I KNEW that would get your attention! Asked on a local farm page on FB the best lube for moving parts on a squeeze chute. And I got this:

"We've always used WD40, but recently, I discovered "sex wax". It's actually surfboard wax. It stays on, doesn't collect dust, doesn't wash off in the rain, doesn't get greasy (or grease on your clothes) but makes metal-on-metal slide like it's greased. I bought a little block of it for $.99, while on a biz-trip in CA. Don't ask me where else you could find it."

Kathie, I just hated to google sex wax so I googled surfboard wax and came up with this: Mr Zogs Original Sexwax. Sexwax is one word for all of us accused of being a liberal.

My squeeze chute has a "personality" and this wax sounds like something that might make life a little easier around here. Thanks for the tip!

I didn't want to Google it either! Fortunately, nephews who surfed in OR and HA said it really was a real thing. 4 cans on the way from Hawaii, as the one that surfed in OR is no longer there. And friends vacationing in HA may bring 2 more. Should be set up for life, Fly-Guy. :lol:

I bought some Silicone (oh, here we go again..) dielectric grease in a tube a while back... I found it great since it's synthetic, it doesn't wash off easily at all, I've even tried solvents like acetone and automotive paint reducer, and that doesn't touch it either.. I use it on door hinges, spark plug boots, electrical crimp connections and it works great... it does collect dust though.

Kathie, have you seen it used on a chute?
I really wonder about this. Board wax provides traction. When I was younger, I had friends who surfed and the last thing that they wanted was a slick board in the water.
Let us know how it works for you.

One of our son's is a skater and I asked him. They do not use surf wax. Skate wax and surf wax are two different things. I looked it up and found this:

skate wax is wax that helps you grind. you can use a candle. skate wax helps you grind but also tail and nose as well. Also, keep in mind that the wax is made to rub on curbs, rails and stairs to make them slick and smooth. A candle may-or-may not be a thick enough wax to lay down on some of these surfaces. Many skate board companies sell wax blocks Note: Surf wax is NOT the same thing as Skate wax. So don't waste your money on Mr. Zogg's.

chippie":2dkb2o8y said:
Kathie, have you seen it used on a chute?
I really wonder about this. Board wax provides traction. When I was younger, I had friends who surfed and the last thing that they wanted was a slick board in the water.
Let us know how it works for you.
Chippie, I haven't tried this yet (waiting for the wax to arrive), but am going to experiment with it based on the recommendation of a friend here. However, I would think that for snow skis and snow boards and surf boards, you would want the bottoms to be extremely slick with as little drag as possible. ?? Since I know nothing about surfing or skiing (except that my few attempts at skiing were accomplished on my butt rather than my feet), I don't know how top or bottom surfaces are prepped, except that wax is involved. Also, it would seem to me that surf wax and ski wax must be formulated differently, because of the differences in what the equipment is exposed to: cold vs. hot sunny days, snow vs. water, etc. I don't know. But we'll give it a try when it gets here, and I'll report back. :)

skis use glide wax.
I would test the surf wax on something that isn't important first. I have a bad feeling about it. Not all wax is created equal. Some are slick, some are tacky. for example, beeswax can be very tacky and paraffin can be slick. My mother used to rub it on sticky drawers so that they would slide out easier.

BILL CLAYLAND":1ahv7xn9 said:
Oh yeah,, grew up in Ocean City MD,,,
we used to write on fences and throw sand on it,, sand sticks to it well, specially when its hot out....

Box of waxes arrived from HA yesterday -- 2 varieties and 5 of each: warm surf and cold surf. ?? Need to ask the nephew and local guy a few more questions before application . . . . . .

Latest posts