sequester question

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading this make my blood boil. I have been a public school teacher for over 20 years. We have had our funding cut each and every year. Last year alone, our districts budget was cut by 12%. Guess what? We survived it without laying off teachers. There is not money for field trips, paper...thing of the past (all electronic), pay raises and cost of living increases are history, and our crappy health insurance is sky high. And you say private sector is better! Heck no its not. If you want job security with good insurance, then you better find a government job.

My point...We hall have to suck it up. We didn't like to give up attending teaching conventions, but we can live without it. My job is dynamic. Changes are daily. Welcome to the new normal.

Sequester money is a drop in the bucket. If anyone high up cared, they could do this painlessly, but they don't care. The more pain they cause the average Joe, the better for their political career.

MistyMorning":78frmvce said:
3waycross":78frmvce said:
As an American taxpayer i find it TOTALLY reprehensible that we cannot find 2% to cut out of the INCREASE for next year without your husband losing his job.

I agree.

We have a totally bloated federal Government with out of control spending and we have not passed a BUDGET for 5 years.

I know

BTW i do not want to see your husband furloughed or his hours cut but why is it so bad for Governmrnt Agencies to have to tighten their belts for a change.

Many of the agencies HAVE tightened their belts.

We all have to do it and FWIW there are some of us on here who are only as good as we are TODAY AND EVERY DAY and that;s how we keep our jobs. I DO NOT believe that this criteria applies to virtually any Federal job that i know of. They only need to not totally screw the pooch and they keep getting step raises and promotions then retire with pensions that most people can only dream of!

My husband has eaten more hours over the years than imaginable. My husband has helped ranchers cut cattle out of barbed wire in extreme fire conditions and held them while they cried over the overwhelming loss they have experienced (on more than a handfull of occasions). My husband is now far enough up the food chain so to speak that he has to tell employees that their hours will be cut, many of these folks could make a lot better money in the private sector, but chose to work for the federal government because of their love of the work. I too work for a government agency although at a state level. In our business (we both work in the wildland fire business) we are ON everyday we are at work.

I am sure that this post just cost me a friend but you need to accept the fact that;

YOUR OX IS NOT THE ONLY ONE BEING GORED

I am not being selfish, I reiterate.........

My husband is now far enough up the food chain so to speak that he has to tell employees that their hours will be cut, many of these folks could make a lot better money in the private sector, but chose to work for the federal government because of their love of the work

Food for thought.......if you cut 5% of lets say research, can any of the rest of the 95% accomplish anything? Maybe, maybe not. If you cut 5% of FAA, can terroist organizations smell opportunity? Will it affect anyone besides the government employees? You bet your ass it will.

Well Misty here's what's going on in the PRIVATE SECTOR. I work for a fortune 100 company who just rewarded me for 25 years of loyal(and profitable) service by cutting my pay about 12% and deciding to Freeze PERMANENTLY our pension plan as of 1/1/2013. I am now working for less and working harder plus i just lost 3 years of contribution to my pension which should cost me approx 65,000 dollars over the life of my retirement.

I just flat do not want to hear about another tear being shed by ANYONE who works for the Government. They can just flat suck it up and shut up as far as i am concerned.

I also; by God do not want to hear another word about raising my taxes or anyone elses until they cut every stinkin penny of waste out of the Federal Government

You see, unlike the federal government private business has to run efficiently or go under. end of story!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts