Selling a Bull!

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is to funny Miss Angus doesn't know it all.

From Burger Kings Web Page
Meet The Angus Steak Burger. A burger made with 100% Angus beef and dripping with fire-grilled goodness. Enjoy the full flavor of fire-grilled onions, cap leaf lettuce, red ripe tomatoes and our signature steak sauce on a freshly toasted corn-dusted bun. Try The Angus Steak Burger or The Angus Bacon and Cheese Steak Burger today.

If you are cutting back on carbs, order the low carb version of The Angus Steak Burger or The Angus Bacon and Cheese Steak Burger served with cap leaf lettuce, red ripe tomatoes and our 3g carb signature steak sauce.

Caustic Burno":zgbpoy5r said:

Meet The Angus Steak Burger. A burger made with 100% Angus beef and dripping with fire-grilled goodness. Enjoy the full flavor of fire-grilled onions, cap leaf lettuce, red ripe tomatoes and our signature steak sauce on a freshly toasted corn-dusted bun. Try The Angus Steak Burger or The Angus Bacon and Cheese Steak Burger today.

If you are cutting back on carbs, order the low carb version of The Angus Steak Burger or The Angus Bacon and Cheese Steak Burger served with cap leaf lettuce, red ripe tomatoes and our 3g carb signature steak sauce.

Hold on, stop the victory dance .. Just because it says angus steak burger doesn't mean it's CAB..

What Frankie wrote about CAB is right on the No.2 because
we need to buy more angus bulls because they seem to get hurt easier and become non breeders easier than other breeds.
My experience and some people I know have the same problem.

I`m going to say I had one of the burger king angus beeg steak burgers and the one I had their was absalutly no
taste in the meat. The only taste was all the stuff they added
to the bun.

Gayle Hilgeman":21crr7d8 said:
I`m going to say I had one of the burger king angus beeg steak burgers and the one I had their was absalutly no
to the bun.
Burger King has abandoned this part of the Country. All of them are boarded up. I can honestly say I don't miss them either. Now if we can only get Taco Hell to go too_One closed up that was at a Gas Station the other day.Guess we won't be getting any Angus Tacos anytime soon.

Gayle Hilgeman":1pg1jtqk said:
to the bun.

Against my better judgement I had to go try one since the beef in my freezer is Angus. I talked to several people who just swore it was the best burger. I took a bite and laughed to myself as I knew all they had done was add a little liquid smoke to it. I wasn't impressed.

Caustic Burno":ok1kgjxg said:

But I'm right this time. Burger King and Hardees (or Carls Jr) sell an angus burger, not a Certified Angus beef burger. So keep snickering and telling yourselves that you've got it right. Anyone who reads knows you're making fools of yourselves. From the link below:

"Burger King's new Angus burger indeed comes from Angus cattle stock but isn't Certified Angus Beef - a distinction the Manhattan, Kan., co-op of beef producers is quick to point out. "Not all Angus is equal," it says, noting that an Angus label doesn't ensure genetic purity, as the majority of cattle marketed in the United States are crossbred."

http://www.thenewstribune.com/ae/restau ... 2936c.html

Now if you want Certified Angus Beef (burger or otherwise), you better bring your wallet:

Classic Hamburger - 8 oz. Certified Angus Beef -$9.50
"Best Burger in Georgetown" - Washingtonian, July 2004

Prime Rib of Beef
Certified Angus Beef slow roasted for tenderness
Regular cut (12 oz.) - $24.95 ..... King cut (16 oz.) - $29.95

http://www.martins-tavern.com/clients/m ... sf/d_meats

Quality costs too much for most hamburger joints to pay for CAB. I'd love for Burger King, Hardees, McDonalds, Wendys all to be selling CAB burgers. The value of a good Angus bull would go out of sight.

BTW, Caustic, good cut and paste job from the Burger King site, especially from someone who complains about cutting pasting. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gayle Hilgeman":ilzi6d0v said:
What Frankie wrote about CAB is right on the No.2 because
we need to buy more angus bulls because they seem to get hurt easier and become non breeders easier than other breeds.
My experience and some people I know have the same problem.

Poor, Gail. I'll straighten you out. Angus bulls cost over $300 more this year than last year. And last year they were up in price over the year before that. And the year before that. A cattleFax survey recently showed more than half the cattlemen in the country were using Angus bulls and most planned to buy another Angus when they needed another bull. So I guess you and your friends are 1. buying sorry bulls or 2. mis-managing them.

Caustic :

Have I read all this correctly --- those burger joints sell a 100% Angus beef burger and yet CAB can actually have relatively little true Angus influence, such as MikeC reported a week or so ago? As I recall, he posted that he had calves that were 1/2 Char and 1/2 Brangus, therefore a mere 5/16 Angus influence, and yet they were hitting the CAB mark. I guess thats possibly one of the reasons that some folks contend the CAB program misrepresents things to the consumer a little bit. You think your garden variety consumer (if he or she even cares) might reasonably expect that meat sold as CAB would have say, at an absolute minimum, 50% Angus influence? Maybe there should CAIB label, for Certified Angus Influenced Beef. :)

But in fairness, and without getting too Clintonian about it, I note that when the burger joints refer merely to "Angus beef" that could of course include the "other" Angus, whereas CAB would only be for the predominantly black hided version.

A different topic altogether, but does anybody know if all the Angus and Hereford semen bulls ( and other breeds that don't recognize breed-ups) at ABS, Select Sires, Bovine Elite, etc. are DNA and/or blood-type tested to guarantee that they are in fact fullbloods?

Frankie -- now thats a really interesting statistic. More than half the cattlemen in the country? or more than half the cattlemen that responded to that survey? and which target group of cattlemen and women were surveyed? Now, all the factual details of that survey might make for interesting reading. Got a link handy?

If the Angus bulls are such good breeders,how come 2 years ago I Had 2 3yr old angus and hereford bulls and 4 2yr old
hereford and angus bulls out with 290 cows and got a total
of 30 angus calves and 15 of them came after I seperated them so there was only an angus bull with 30 cows?

If the Angus bulls are such good breeders,how come 2 years ago I Had 2 3yr old angus and hereford bulls and 4 2yr old
of 30 angus calves and 15 of them came after I seperated them so there was only an angus bull with 30 cows?
I`ve used angus bulls for 15 yrs and howcome the calves think every cow in the herd is there mother?

Actually when I`ve sold the last 2 years I`ve they seperated
the blacks from the reds and I got the same for both and the reds are from hereford and hereford shorthorn cows. Never
kept a single black heifer, value my life.

Gayle Hilgeman":3bnkzont said:

Try adding some capitals and periods and I'll try to answer the question. Right now I'm not sure what the question is....

Arnold Ziffle":8kx2b9jn said:
But in fairness, and without getting too Clintonian about it, I note that when the burger joints refer merely to "Angus beef" that could of course include the "other" Angus, whereas CAB would only be for the predominantly black hided version.

A few years ago TGI Fridays was selling an "Angus Burger" that was from Red Angus cattle. But they didn't call it "Red Angus Burger."

A different topic altogether, but does anybody know if all the Angus and Hereford semen bulls ( and other breeds that don't recognize breed-ups) at ABS, Select Sires, Bovine Elite, etc. are DNA and/or blood-type tested to guarantee that they are in fact fullbloods?

Before an Angus animal can be used for AI or flushing, they must be DNA tested. Until DNA came along, blood typing was required. Actually, they can be used, but the calves can't be registered until the DNA testing is done.

Frankie -- now thats a really interesting statistic. More than half the cattlemen in the country? or more than half the cattlemen that responded to that survey? and which target group of cattlemen and women were surveyed? Now, all the factual details of that survey might make for interesting reading. Got a link handy?

Are you talking about the CattleFax survey? Of course it's the cattlemen responding to the survey. Sorry. I'll be more careful and see if I can find it online. Or will you take a reference from the Angus Journal? I'll also find the Western Livestock Journal poll.

I had a total of 12 bulls out with 290 cows.
2 3year old angus and 4 2 year old angus bulls and the
same amout of herefords and the same age as the angus.
I got only 15 angus calves out of the cows that calved with with the 12 bulls. We had 250 of the cows calf in the month
that there were 12 bulls with.

Arnold Ziffle":sdvu8v6p said:
Caustic :

Have I read all this correctly --- those burger joints sell a 100% Angus beef burger and yet CAB can actually have relatively little true Angus influence, such as MikeC reported a week or so ago? As I recall, he posted that he had calves that were 1/2 Char and 1/2 Brangus, therefore a mere 5/16 Angus influence, and yet they were hitting the CAB mark. I guess thats possibly one of the reasons that some folks contend the CAB program misrepresents things to the consumer a little bit. You think your garden variety consumer (if he or she even cares) might reasonably expect that meat sold as CAB would have say, at an absolute minimum, 50% Angus influence? Maybe there should CAIB label, for Certified Angus Influenced Beef. :)

Yep the way I read it is a lot of there cattle are to sorry to meet there own program guidelines.
JMO doesn't say much for the breed.

Frankie":2d9g8pzn said:
Caustic Burno":2d9g8pzn said:

But I'm right this time. Burger King and Hardees (or Carls Jr) sell an angus burger, not a Certified Angus beef burger. So keep snickering and telling yourselves that you've got it right. Anyone who reads knows you're making fools of yourselves. From the link below:

"Burger King's new Angus burger indeed comes from Angus cattle stock but isn't Certified Angus Beef - a distinction the Manhattan, Kan., co-op of beef producers is quick to point out. "Not all Angus is equal," it says, noting that an Angus label doesn't ensure genetic purity, as the majority of cattle marketed in the United States are crossbred."

http://www.thenewstribune.com/ae/restau ... 2936c.html

Now if you want Certified Angus Beef (burger or otherwise), you better bring your wallet:

Classic Hamburger - 8 oz. Certified Angus Beef -$9.50
"Best Burger in Georgetown" - Washingtonian, July 2004

Prime Rib of Beef
Certified Angus Beef slow roasted for tenderness
Regular cut (12 oz.) - $24.95 ..... King cut (16 oz.) - $29.95

http://www.martins-tavern.com/clients/m ... sf/d_meats

Quality costs too much for most hamburger joints to pay for CAB. I'd love for Burger King, Hardees, McDonalds, Wendys all to be selling CAB burgers. The value of a good Angus bull would go out of sight.

The only fool on this board is yourself, I love it you have probably turned more people away from Angus than you can imagine with your holier than thou BS. You can post all the garabage you want it comes down to it most of your precious Angus don't make the grade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts