Selling a Bull!

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
guest25

Would you please answer one question? What breed of cattle do you have? And by all means promote it.

Guest25,
I can't agree with you in your statement, at least not 100%. I have seen many folks here promote their Breed.I've seen a few flags thrown, but overall, most seem to respect what the others have, and why they have em'. We have Commercial cattle, and are proud of what we have.Just recently started using a Hereford Bull, in addendum with Beefmaster, Most of all, my cattle perform well, and do well at the sale. Isn't that what it's all about? I'm not out to bash anyone's breed. Not even yours.

greenwillowherefords":1gyv9ji4 said:
I have observed that some have slyly poked fun at Caustic's 450# weaning weights, talking about various breeds that would give him another hundred pounds of weaning weight if he would use them in his rotation instead of a Hereford bull. They are talking about 205 day weights, Caustic is talking 135 day weights. His weaning weights adjusted to 205 will stack up to and beat most.

Pretty sharp Willow guess some are to dumb to do the math 680 pound 205 day adjusted weaning weights on grass only ain't to shabby for a bunch of old crossbred cows that ain't all black. Must be the Bramer/Hereford influence.

Snicker. Snicker. You seem to be having a problem with the board, "25". Here, I'll correct if for you; just like I've corrected most or your statements about Angus.

guest25":3fkgo02z said:
:eek: exsuse me i should have said angus po po dialouge hype garbage retoric

Say what you want, but this board doesn't allow profanity.

please tell me this has there ever been a fullblood angus and before you answer yes be able to prove it. ,

I'm not answering yes. I'm going to repeat what I said earlier: "Again: The American Angus Association registers only cattle whose sires and dams were registered with the American Angus Association. Their sires and dams had to be registered, their sires and dams had to be registered, and on and on. You may know of some "fullblood or purebred" black cattle being called Angus. But as far as I'm concerned, if they're not registered Angus, they're angus, not Angus. You can breed up all you want and call them what you want, but if they are not recognized as Angus by the American Angus Association, they're commercial angus cattle. I don't personally know anyone raising "fullblood or purebred" Angus, only registered Angus. I do know people raising commercial Angus. Is that clear enough for you? " If it's not clear enough, why not?

lets see now you are willing to go on record and state that any commercial cattle that are black got the black from angus is that what you are saying. and that its impossible for cattle to be or become black except through angus influence. :?:

No, I said what I said. The commercial cowherd in the US has been turned black by the use of Angus bulls. Several other breeds of cattle of have also incorporated Angus genetics into their bloodlines. Why? Because Angus cattle work in most situations.

please post the names of all of these angus breeders that will stand with you and disagree with me. now you used the word lots of angus breeders is that two or numerous and when you post their names please post phone numbers and you can bet your best black angus cattle i will call them.

ROTFLMAO! Sure, I'll post the names of five recognized, nationally know, honest, respected Angus breeders who agree with me just as soon as you post the names and phone numbers of five respected, nationally known, honest Angus breeders who agree with you. Too funny….

so what you are saying in this broad statement is you have allready asked all of these lots of angus breeders this question. and you will 100% guarantee that all of them will say the same thing. if you do post these names and numbers please dont call them and get them on board before i call them .

So it is more hot air? Just as I expected. There you go again, misrepresenting what I said. No, I'm not saying I already asked all of them. But, yes, I 100% guarantee that all of them will say the same thing. When you post the names and phone numbers of registered Angus breeders who disagree, I'll put the names and numbers out there. If they're willing to take time out of their busy schedule to answer such a foolish question, I'm sure they'd tell you the same thing I've told you: with the use of blood typing and DNA, it's impossible for the Angus breed to have been influenced as you claim it has been. BTW, the AAA has a link with all Angus members, so I'll know if the people you post are really registered Angus breeders or not. And if I want to call them, I will. You don't control this board or my actions.

i am refering to a quote you made and instead of admitting to it its more angus deflection. did you or did you not make a post with the above statement in it just yesterday or today :p .

again i say you said you could tear the herfords apart so to speak. :help:

Again, you lie. I said "Certainly I can argue against Herefords if someone wants to do that...." You should be ashamed of yourself, but obviously you have no shame.

i stand by my previous quote you are still wearing out of date angus blinders or should i say very biased agaist anything but angus. or closed minded. :shock: :roll: :roll: :roll: your boat gently down the stream

The only thing I'm biased against is rude, bad mannered people who come on this board to bash my breed. That's you.

guest25":aegh9990 said:
for the most part there is much dialouge but then there are the ones i have mentioned that its their way or the highway.

You're right. Most people on this board respect others choices. You, on the other hand, came on this board specifically to bash my breed. Don't be sanctimonious now and pretend you are an innocent victim. Everyone who has read your posts knows the facts.

just yesterday twice i saw members putting people in check for not using periods or other things pet pievs so to speak. there is a place to discuss things that bug you and me. its my fealing that it is by private email. i have done just that in the past to keep from belittleing anyone in public but when they want to make it public then i will because i gave them a chance.

If people on this board want their posts to be read, they need to be readable. Several of us pointed that out to a new poster. He doesn't seem to feel that's important; that's his choice. I won't spend my time trying to decipher a comment. And it's a shame; some people could add a lot to the boards but won't simply because they won't take time to write clearly. Your first PM to me was rude, insulting and full of profanity. I don't want a PM from you and every one will be posted for the public to read (or not, whatever they choose). Your belittling my breed and me shows you for a small, sad person who doesn't have a positive thing to say about anything, just insults, lies and misrepresentations.

when the dumb stuff is discussed on open forum for the most part its because someone disagrees with what has been posted.
and rather than having dialouge about the posts they take shots at the one who did the posting.

LOL. You are too funny!! I'll continue to take shots at you when you bash Angus. Today I've several posts by you and, while I don't necessarily agree with what you've said, that's your right to post them. It's not your right to bash my breed.

lastly we are all human and when someone takes a cheap shot at us we give them one back. i guess what we should do is like my dad used to say. he talked about the man kicked by the donkey he said consider the source and go on. :idea: ;-)

thats just what i hope to do in the future consider the source and go on.

You keep saying, "lastly" but you keep posting. You took the first, second and third cheap shot. I do consider the source, but I won't ignore your slurs against my breed.

Now, let's get serious:

1. Will you admit that you lied about the MARC data? You claimed it showed Shorthorns outgraded Angus and it's not true. Will you admit that?
2. Will you admit you were wrong when you said I raised cows and kids? My profile says my interests are cows and kids. Will you admit you misrepresented that information?
3. Are you willing to admit you were wrong when you claimed BurgerKing sold CAB hamburgers?
4. Are you willing to admit that the USDA didn't set grading standards to make Angus look better?

We'll start with these questions. When you respond, I'll hunt up some more misrepresentations you've posted and refused to acknowledge when I corrected you.

well that cuts both ways yall are making fun of ppl b/c of the way they talk type an other things an thats not being respectful or nice either nor am i here to start fights im here to read the posts but ppl here wont let it go scott

guest25":7wxcrb7y said:
if one watches though it seems there is more angus breeders that get upset when someone starts a post about a paticular breed. just go back over a year there was a post titled this will turn some heads it really was a good post but then here comes the inferiority.

LOL! You have quite an imagination! First, I'm the only Angus breeder that's getting upset. Now Muratic suggests that when my goat is grazing on my pasture minding his own business and someone comes along and throws rocks at it, I should just put it in the barn instead of confronting the people throwing rocks. That's not in my character. Secondly, your post was full of errors and misrepresentations. So I pointed them out. You took offense at my corrections and became a blatant breed basher.

i would have to liken the angus breeders who come on the posts and try to detract with the following. i feal they are very insecure when they hear someone promoting their breed and they dont want the post to go on so they start trying to tear the post down. to me it ammounts to them being insecure or jealous that some other breed might be in the spotlight. if angus are so superior and others are inferior breeds then the angus have nothing to worry about. but infact they know that the cab program got started with a lot of hype back in 1978 by 4 guys from wooster ohio called the angus road show.

quite simply they want to deny any breed the right to toot its own horn for fear of someone looking to see what all the tooting is about.

the wording under the title breeds board says a place to discuss your favorite breed. but let someone try to do just that and they are accused of promoting their breed or told to get macon to design them a web site. infact they feal its ok for them to come on the boards with their angus hype but no one else is supposed to discuss their own breed. so when in rome do as the romans do touche put the ball back in their court and they accuse you of bashing the angus.

like my old pappy used to say they can dish it out but they cant take it. ;-) ;-)

Hey, if you have a breed promote it. You are apparently too ashamed of whatever you raise (if you raise anything) to post anything about it on the board. You're goal on this board has not been to promote anything; it's been to bash Angus. And now that I've shown you don't have a clue about what you're talking about, you want to blame "Angus breeders" for the argument. Won't work. BTW, I don't have to promote Angus cattle. They sell themselves all across the US. The American Angus Association has a very good promotion program. And, in case you missed it, that CAB road show show sold a lot of beef last year, at premium prices.

bigbull338":56fdqktr said:
well that cuts both ways yall are making fun of ppl b/c of the way they talk type an other things an thats not being respectful or nice either nor am i here to start fights im here to read the posts but ppl here wont let it go scott

Scott, I'm not out to hurt your feelings or be rude to you. I assume you're an adult. If you want to continue posting as you do, that's fine. I don't have time to read every post and when one is difficult for me to decipher, I just won't. So please understand that I have let it go.

well when you have been in the cattle business for oh 40yrs and family has been it 110yrs what do you call that im sorry that you cant or wont figure out no nonsense posts an besides this board isnt based on how one types or says things its based on what a man or woman knows in my book i think you an 26 are being childish fighting over angus cows but to each his own scott

hi there scott well i guess i agree with you about all this guest 25 and frankie argument hey I think you posted earlier you were in the dairy bidness for a long time howd you like it real long hours huh and I guess it was awful hard to schedule a vacation wow how bout them cowboys I don't mean the ones that chase after cows but the ones that play football say what kinda cows do you raise now you been getting any rain sure is dry here you think old bill parcels is gonna whip the cowboys into shape and maybe get em into the super bowl again did you ever keep any guernsey cows when you were in the dairy bidness sure would be interesting to know what breed of cattle guest25 runs wouldnt it glad to have you here you probably learned a lot about cattle over the 40 years hey my stomach is growling at me so I better get away from the computer and go get some lunch best regards az ps you think the astros are gonna get hot and make a run for the pennant like they did last year take care nice talking to you :D

hi arnold was in the dairy busness 28yrs and yes i know and have learned alot over the yrs the hrs would kill you but you got used to it there was no time for vacations or anytime off b/c things would come up jones will have to buy a new team an let parcell coach the cowboys the super bowl run wont be soon milked holsteins jerseys an crossbreeds and 1 or 2 gurnseys the astros stand a good chance at the penate this yr if they dont fly apart scott

AZ that was funny and I got a real kick out it was a real hoot let me tell you by the time I picked my way through it and bb's response I was sure enough hurting for a period if you know what I mean

bb would it kill you to use a period every now and then? Is it asking too much? Or is that supposed to be cool. Been in the business 40 years my foot. Nobody who learned to type on a typewriter types like that. What a riot.

.....................................................................................

.....................................................................................

There's a few extras. On me. Take 'em all, they're cheap. Use 'em wisely. But please use 'em.

guest25":11yjdex8 said:
Crowderfarms":11yjdex8 said:
Guest25,
I can't agree with you in your statement, at least not 100%. I have seen many folks here promote their Breed.I've seen a few flags thrown, but overall, most seem to respect what the others have, and why they have em'. We have Commercial cattle, and are proud of what we have.Just recently started using a Hereford Bull, in addendum with Beefmaster, Most of all, my cattle perform well, and do well at the sale. Isn't that what it's all about? I'm not out to bash anyone's breed. Not even yours.

for the most part there is much dialouge but then there are the ones i have mentioned that its their way or the highway.

just yesterday twice i saw members putting people in check for not using periods or other things pet pievs so to speak. there is a place to discuss things that bug you and me. its my fealing that it is by private email. i have done just that in the past to keep from belittleing anyone in public but when they want to make it public then i will because i gave them a chance.

when the dumb stuff is discussed on open forum for the most part its because someone disagrees with what has been posted.
and rather than having dialouge about the posts they take shots at the one who did the posting.

lastly we are all human and when someone takes a cheap shot at us we give them one back. i guess what we should do is like my dad used to say. he talked about the man kicked by the donkey he said consider the source and go on. :idea: ;-)

Look at the dates that these so called "Their Way or The highway" members joined. I do feel for a fact, that in many cases on these Boards, seniority rules...These men and women have been on here a long time. they did'nt get by by stating BS or anything else, to have remained here for a long time.I'm not saying that any newcomer does not have anything worthy of mention to add to these Boards, because they do in a big way. But what I mean are the one's you're singling out are Veterans and I have learned a lot from them. Nuff said.

Crowderfarms":3krbtk8z said:
guest25":3krbtk8z said:
Crowderfarms":3krbtk8z said:
Guest25,

Look at the dates that these so called "Their Way or The highway" members joined. I do feel for a fact, that in many cases on these Boards, seniority rules...These men and women have been on here a long time. they did'nt get by by stating BS or anything else, to have remained here for a long time.I'm not saying that any newcomer does not have anything worthy of mention to add to these Boards, because they do in a big way. But what I mean are the one's you're singling out are Veterans and I have learned a lot from them. Nuff said.

Good points Crowder if you don't like what is written just skip it. Some posters talk more noise than a Red Chinese Radio station, why respond.

Howdy,
Well does anbody know any other websites I can post the bull for sale besides this one?? We know he is fullblood because we saw the papers of his sire and dam. The guy was suppose to send us papers but he went bankrupt (imagine that) and never sent them. We are selling him to get another hereford bull. I don't wanna make any arguements. We just prefer herefords and have decided to stick them we tried angus it didn't work for us not saying it don't work for anybody else though. We prefer herefords over black baldies and angus because they are just more down to earth and gentle. We'd rather get our deducted 5 cents because the hide ain't black then have a couple thousand dollar doctor bill any day. I know its not all angus but the share we've seen and had has made it for us. Besides you can't tell the difference when you take the hide off. I give the angus breed that they do know how to promote it. By the way I heard a joke the other day made everybody chuckle. One of our local farmers that we compete against at shows was saying he went into Burger King the other day. He asked if it was certified angus beef. She said yeah. He said well tell me how it is. She said well it says it on the label. He said well in order for me to pay for this tell me how its certified angus. She said well it came of the angus part of the cow. lol Just like my uncle calls the big n' tasty the big n' nasty lol and my brother calls the angus burger the anus burger lol ok that one was a lil' rough I dunno thought I would share. I don't wanna start anything because our angus bull did throw some mighty fine LOOKING black baldies. Thank ya'll!
Ellie May

Advertise (local paper, notes on bulletin boards at feed store, etc.) as much as possible and be sure to make reference to the nice calves he sired being on the premises and available for viewing by potential bull buyers.

Ellie May":30j5q082 said:
Howdy,
Well does anbody know any other websites I can post the bull for sale besides this one?? We know he is fullblood because we saw the papers of his sire and dam. The guy was suppose to send us papers but he went bankrupt (imagine that) and never sent them. We are selling him to get another hereford bull. I don't wanna make any arguements. We just prefer herefords and have decided to stick them we tried angus it didn't work for us not saying it don't work for anybody else though. We prefer herefords over black baldies and angus because they are just more down to earth and gentle. We'd rather get our deducted 5 cents because the hide ain't black then have a couple thousand dollar doctor bill any day. I know its not all angus but the share we've seen and had has made it for us. Besides you can't tell the difference when you take the hide off. I give the angus breed that they do know how to promote it. By the way I heard a joke the other day made everybody chuckle. One of our local farmers that we compete against at shows was saying he went into Burger King the other day. He asked if it was certified angus beef. She said yeah. He said well tell me how it is. She said well it says it on the label. He said well in order for me to pay for this tell me how its certified angus. She said well it came of the angus part of the cow. lol Just like my uncle calls the big n' tasty the big n' nasty lol and my brother calls the angus burger the anus burger lol ok that one was a lil' rough I dunno thought I would share. I don't wanna start anything because our angus bull did throw some mighty fine LOOKING black baldies. Thank ya'll!
Ellie May

One more time: Hardee's and BK don't sell CAB. There are upscale restaurants that sell a CAB burger, but it costs $7-10.

As for your bull, without the papers he's not as valuable as he would be with the papers. Have you put an ad in your local paper? If you've got good calves out of him, say so in the ad and offer to show them to potential buyers. Do you have a "Thrifty Nickle" type paper in your area? You can't use the Angus site to sell him if he doesn't have papers. Talk to your vet, post for sale signs down at the sale barn's bulletin board, or coffee shop where cattlemen hang out. Put some information on his breeding in those signs. Whose's his sire, maternal grand sire, what are his EPDs? Do you have any performance data (his own BW, WW, etc?). If so, put that out there in your ads. If you know his registration #, contact the AAA and ask them about getting another set of papers on him. Or, if all else fails, haul him to the sale barn and give all that information about his breeding, EPDs, etc. to the auctioneer.

Frankie":1pfjmnnw said:
One more time: Hardee's and BK don't sell CAB.

Caustic Burno":1pfjmnnw said:
Well somebody had better tell Burger King to quit advertising Angus Burgers for a couple of bucks or Frankenstein will get them.

I'm not the smartest person in the world but I think this link says BK Angus Steak Burger.
http://www.bk.com/Food/products/angus.aspx

Or is there another franchise out there in your neck of the woods that is also called Burger King?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts