Selling a Bull!

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ellie May":2n5s2m5t said:
Howdy,
We have a Black Angus bull that we are going to have to sell. What is the best way to sell him? I don't want to just sell him through the stockyards. and what does a fullblood black angus cost around? He doesn't have papers but is fullblood. He's about 3 or 4 years old. we've bred him to our hereford cows and throws good black baldies. Any advice?
Thank you!
Ellie May

Does he buck? ;-)

Mike Bishop - http://www.flbullrider.com

guest25":3k04cgch said:
Frankie":3k04cgch said:
Ellie May":3k04cgch said:
Howdy,
We have a Black Angus bull that we are going to have to sell. What is the best way to sell him? I don't want to just sell him through the stockyards. and what does a fullblood black angus cost around? He doesn't have papers but is fullblood. He's about 3 or 4 years old. we've bred him to our hereford cows and throws good black baldies. Any advice?
Thank you!
Ellie May

How do you know he's an Angus without papers?

why frankie i am amazed at you of all folks if the hide is black then he has to be angus . isnt that what you and cab preach . i know for a fact that i have seen you angus people say that if it was black then it had to be angus. yep thats what iv'e read right here on cattle today only angus has made any other animal black.

Guess this is where the thread went off into the weeds ;-)

I'll admit, I see anyone sellin a bull, it peaks my interest :D

Mike Bishop - http://www.flbullrider.com

Obviously the devil is in the details huh Frankie--- like, who was the survey sent to? It sure would have been hard to believe that all through out the USA cattlemen use breeding bulls that are Angus (even if you include the red ones! ) outnumbering all the the Herefords, Limos, Charolais, Simmental, Brangus, Gerts, Brafords, Simbrah, Brahmans, Longhorns, Murrey Grey, etc., etc. combined !!
More lying Angus Propaganda.

if burger king keeps selling angus burgers there will be big money to be made in CABA beef. as in certified anything but angus.

guest25":2kp6ckih said:
shes back on some of her petty angus popo you do this and i will respond she allways has strings attached. you boys got her on the run and shes starting to see black.

"you boys got her on the run...." :lol: At least you aren't claiming that you've got me on the run. :lol:

OK, here are the questions again and I added #5 & #6:

1. Will you admit that you lied about the MARC data? You claimed it showed Shorthorns outgraded Angus and it's not true. Will you admit that?
2. Will you admit you were wrong when you said I raised cows and kids? My profile says my interests are cows and kids. Will you admit you misrepresented that information?
3. Are you willing to admit you were wrong when you claimed BurgerKing sold CAB hamburgers?
4. Are you willing to admit that the USDA didn't set grading standards to make Angus look better?
5. Will you post the names of "honest" Angus breeders that you claim will support you in saying that Angus breeders added Holstein to the breed to get more milk and Chi to get more hip height? I have my list of Angus breeders who will strongly disagree with that. Let's see yours; I'll show you mine. Put up or shut up.
6. You claimed the CAB website had information showing that potential CAB cattle couldn't grade Choice. Then you said it was a CattleToday article and you would find it in the archives and post the link. Where is it? Now you are again claiming the information came from a CAB website. Put up or shut up.

This list of questions won't go away, "25." I say, in spite of your religious piety, you're dishonest and have misrepresented me and my breed. If you choose not to answer these questions, everyone on the board will know you're just another breed basher full of hot air. So let's see your response, not Caustic's or anyone else you might try to hide behind.

Gayle Hilgeman":2z2ot88u said:
I had a total of 12 bulls out with 290 cows.
2 3year old angus and 4 2 year old angus bulls and the
same amout of herefords and the same age as the angus.
I got only 15 angus calves out of the cows that calved with with the 12 bulls. We had 250 of the cows calf in the month
that there were 12 bulls with.

See how easy that was. Well, let's talk:

1. Did you buy these Angus bulls from the same breeder that you've been buying Angus bulls from for the past 15 years?
2. Did you get registration papers on the Angus bulls? Who were the sires?
3. Did every bull have a BSE?
4. Do you have a defined breeding season?
5. What kind of cows were they on? Red, white, black, baldies?

Looking forward to your answers....

greenwillowherefords":2e606h6g said:
Again......let's find some common ground.

GWH, I understand that this uproar is very hard on you. My suggestions are 1. don't take it so seriously; 2. don't read the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts