Scours or not

Help Support CattleToday:

GRTiger85

Reaction score
have a calf born a few days ago passing a dark yellow to light brown, that is pretty thick....doesnt appear to be scours as it is not very loose, watery or light in color....is this just the rich colustrum and first milk being passed by the calf or should i keep an eye on it, it seems to be doing fine

GRTiger85":2h5j2pw6 said:
have a calf born a few days ago passing a dark yellow to light brown, that is pretty thick....doesnt appear to be scours as it is not very loose, watery or light in color....is this just the rich colustrum and first milk being passed by the calf or should i keep an eye on it, it seems to be doing fine

It's normal. Sticky as all get out. Stinks awfull, dogs love it!

dun":3azama9k said:
GRTiger85":3azama9k said:

It's normal. Sticky as all get out. Stinks awfull, dogs love it!

I always thought that was where mustard came from. Looks a lot like what's in a mustard squirt bottle. :shock: Never tried any though. Just buy it in the squirt bottle. :lol: Glad now I didn't put some on a hotdog.

dun is right it's normal.You should keep an eye on it along with your kids and your dog and anything else you don't want messed up.

Larry

Those dogs can get nasty...ewwwww! Blasted animals will go for anything...scours included. I can take a lot, but my stomach lurches everytime one of the farm dogs runs in and starts lapping up the...oh, GAWD, nevermind...my stomach's lurching right now.

Alice