Scouring calves-help!

Help Support CattleToday:

I might know tonight, or tomorrow. I'm in Thayne, Maybe a little farther than 20 but not much. If you were at the brucellosis meeting last year at the leigon Hall I was there.

Got the results from the vet finally. E-coli I don't remember which strain.He said it wasn't common but it wasn't rare. But also something that started with a c that also causes scours in people. Funny I had scours 2 weeks ago. Don't really know where any of these things come from. Now I don't know If I got the scours from the calves or if I gave it to them. :frowns:

jasrnch":281sgit0 said:
Got the results from the vet finally. E-coli I don't remember which strain.He said it wasn't common but it wasn't rare. But also something that started with a c that also causes scours in people. Funny I had scours 2 weeks ago. Don't really know where any of these things come from. Now I don't know If I got the scours from the calves or if I gave it to them. :frowns:

Cryptosporidia .

Larry

No, I don't think it was Crypto. That is what you get talking on the phone when your farming. :???: When I get my crops in I'll go talk to him.

It was Campy. I heard that one other guy in Wyoming had the same thing earlier.

jasrnch":3hxcozog said:
No, I don't think it was Crypto. That is what you get talking on the phone when your farming. :???: When I get my crops in I'll go talk to him.
I hope you're having better luck getting your crops in than we are . We have not turned a wheel in 2 weeks . Rained here last night . :mad:

Larry

have your vet check them for BVDV< what i thought was scours turned into a nightmare,lost all new calves to BVDV> there are many strains of this

I haven't checked any of these calves for bvd yet. I had a wreck with bvd a few years ago. I have checked all my cows and anything that I have came on to my place since then. Yes Larry I got my crops in last night, Started raining at midnight. It's only been a week since it was snowing.

Latest posts