Scotch and Stogies

Help Support CattleToday:

I don't do scotch but a sam adams or newcastle or a home-made beer and an Onyx reserve #4 makes for a special treat but it has to be cold out for me to want the cigar. When it gets cold and wet here I have to have my macanudo maduro ascots with my morning coffee just to get me out of the truck and into the first pen in the morning.

Did I mention I really love cigars. The problem with chewing cigars all day is that it sure hurts your teeth. Two top and one bottom replaced. As long as I can afford them and new teeth I will keep smoking and chewing them. Not real intelligent is it. In the winter I like a good full bowl on my pipe.

john250":t4gtx1gj said:
Scotch is foul stuff, to me. I can't even get it down my throat. Kentucky bourbon and Marlboros, them's my vices.
I have to swallow each shot about 5 times to "keep" it down. Then it improves. Next few will usually stay down after about 3 swallows. I need to get me a pipe and a pkg of Bugler. :nod:

M5farm":1e68z3al said:
us poor folk smoke a swisher and drank Evan Williams
You're moving up buddy. I think the last segaar I smoked was a King Edward and probably cost a dime ... maybe a nickel.

HDRider":1zaxnyup said:
Scotch and Coke? Cola? Really??

Sorry HD but ... Really. :) I'm not a purist - like that splash of coke. I like to think it's sort of like black cow red cow mongrel cow.

Where do you guys get your cigars? Anyone buy over the internet? I got a bad habit and need to reduce expenses without cutting quality.

Dega Moo":jccpvn9q said:
Where do you guys get your cigars? Anyone buy over the internet? I got a bad habit and need to reduce expenses without cutting quality.
Thompson Cigar. That's really about the only way to go here unless you want a dried up horse turd from the iraqi-shack on the corner. About the only problem with them is that you get two years worth of catalogs every time you place an order.

My dad is looking for a source of pipe tobacco,... Around here it's $40/tin (50g) and hard to get a decent one.

I like a good scotch, I can tell the difference between a mediocre one and a decent one, not sure if I'd be able to appreciate the top shelf stuff though. For me I really enjoy Glenfiddich 18 yr old, but 15 isn't bad either, Have a 8 year old bottle of Balvenie that was a 12 year old. For smokes, I very occasionally have a pipe, but I find my jaw gets tired.. I grow my own tobacco and roll my own smokes, can't beat a cost of about $.02/each these days... Good tailor mades are about $12 per 20 pack here, freaking nuts, and after growing my own, I don't get any satisfaction from one, they burn about 4 times faster (I get 15 minutes out of a smoke), and they have nothing in them

I enjoy that Natural Light too . Nothing wrong with it. Just Bud Light in a different an. Probably would taste good with a King Edward. :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: Wonder what they cost now?? Four Bits?? :lol2:

TexasBred":2cdh0xgm said:
I enjoy that Natural Light too . Nothing wrong with it. Just Bud Light in a different an. Probably would taste good with a King Edward. :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: Wonder what they cost now?? Four Bits?? :lol2:
Swisher slims, three dollars a five pack...

Latest posts