SAV Pioneer

Help Support CattleToday:

If you dont find anyone over here, I know there are some guys on advantage have used him. I havent seen any,personally. good luck with your search.

defected from cuba 2011
6'-180#
bats-r/h throws r/h
primarly a right fielder but can play any outfield position
good outfield coverage-typical rf arm
good speed and base running knowledge
good plate discipline- power to all fields-ball really jumps to left field.
prone to the strike out
age issue
7 out of 10 stars

Do not know much about him, but his half brother Connealy Right Answer 746. WOW can not beat his numbers, CED 14 and YW 120. Nice long bull too, with pretty head. Go along way to find something better. JMO

I really like the calves I have seen out of him. We have a bull out of him that is only OK but I attribute the issues I have with him to the style of cattle on the dam side.

The daughters I have seen are very feminine and well uddered.

Krenwic

I try to keep an eye on young bulls that I like the pedigree on. Pioneer is one of those, I like 0035 and I have used a lot of New Day and really like the 8180 over the New Day in his pedigree. I don't like his EN number other than that I like him pretty good. I have not seen any of his daughters in production so that is what I am searching for information on how his daughters are performing. I also like the looks of the calves pictured in support photos but then again they aren't going to put a bad one in the catalog.

Gizmom

I have not seen any females i have seen several bulls out of him nice thick made bulls but he will bring frame down. Around here hed have to be used on some bigger framed cows folks around here dont really want anything smaller than a 6 frame no matter how thick they are.

OK...I thought maybe Jacob had let it slip that we were using him. One if those support photos is out of one of our donors!

Krenwic

I didn't realize that one of those photos was out of your donor but when I told Jacob I had purchased semen he did say you had used him. Do you have daughters in production?

Gizmom

Gizmom,

We will be using him for the first time this Fall. The heifer was the results of a flush we sold. They wanted to use Pioneer and he was a junior bull with no proof at the time. We've done alot of studying in him lately and I think you will be OK.

krenwic

We have a yearling Pioneer heifer that is growing on me ;-) We raise Simm and SimmAngus cattle, so she is the only purebred Angus we have. We picked up her mom, a TC Freedom cow, from the Graham dispersal sale last fall and she was only a few days old. She is small (probably 800 pounds and will be a year at the end of the month), but her dam was HUGE (way bigger frame wise than our Simmental cows) and she went down the road after we weaned the calf. She has always been on the smallish side, but we drug her around to a few "blow and go" shows this last spring and summer and she placed well. Never won, but in the middle of the class most of the time (she is green, we do not push grain on the babies). We plan on breeding her in November to a Simmental bull for those great half bloods. Not the best picture, I will try to get a better one tonight.

http://i1077.photobucket.com/albums/w47 ... b9fd90.jpg

I have used Pioneer and have two year old daughters in production. They have beautiful udders and are among some of my best two year olds. I am weaning calves next week and i expect the calves from my Pioneer daughters to be some of the top indexing calves for weaning weight. I bred more cows to him again this year.

Latest posts