SAV Supercharger

Help Support CattleToday:

************* said:
Here is another one that everyone wanted me to doubt, but I had confidence that he would pull a rabbit out of a hat and he did just that.

He has grown a bit since last time you all saw him. BR liked this guy the best. I also think Grit wanted me to send him down to GA.

http://bit.ly/2NpMis9

Thanks for sharing. I definitely don't have anything with that kinda width.

************* has nice cattle. James' father deserves a lot of credit. Their cows are very deep and uniform. I have not seen a herd of Angus cattle with the depth I saw. What is impressive, the cows all have the same form. That does not happen by accident. James' father is a master breeder. Not everyone wants their cows that big. So be it. But his dad has built a unique herd of Angus cows.

Branded, I am not a fan of Angus cattle generally, but your bulls are growing nicely. The first bull strikes me as a touch narrow in his base for his mass. I do really like his front third, but the sloping ground makes it hard for me to decide if I like the angle on his shoulders, though they seem to lay in very nicely. He is deep and long enough for sure!. The second bull has too much set in his hocks and roach in his top for my tastes. He packs plenty of product, but I'm just not blown away by his structure personally.

Please don't be offended that I gave my evaluations here. I thoroughly enjoy evaluating stock, be it horses, cattle, goats, sheep, hogs or cattle dogs! If you don't agree with my sentiments, I apologize in advance.

Boot Jack Bulls said:
Branded, I am not a fan of Angus cattle generally, but your bulls are growing nicely. The first bull strikes me as a touch narrow in his base for his mass. I do really like his front third, but the sloping ground makes it hard for me to decide if I like the angle on his shoulders, though they seem to lay in very nicely. He is deep and long enough for sure!. The second bull has too much set in his hocks and roach in his top for my tastes. He packs plenty of product, but I'm just not blown away by his structure personally.

Please don't be offended that I gave my evaluations here. I thoroughly enjoy evaluating stock, be it horses, cattle, goats, sheep, hogs or cattle dogs! If you don't agree with my sentiments, I apologize in advance.

No need to apologize, I didn't take offense to anything you said. I appreciate your input.

Bright Raven said:
************* has nice cattle. James' father deserves a lot of credit. Their cows are very deep and uniform. I have not seen a herd of Angus cattle with the depth I saw. What is impressive, the cows all have the same form. That does not happen by accident. James' father is a master breeder. Not everyone wants their cows that big. So be it. But his dad has built a unique herd of Angus cows.

Thank you Ron.

He has an eye for cattle that I envy. Of course he's been breeding Angus for 52 years, he's like Farmer's Insurance, " "he knows a thing or two because he's seen a thing or two" LOL!

Lately he's been highly focused on SAV Elation 7899. He's really into Elation and wants to breed him to our Elation daughters. I'm not that adventurous, but he thinks it would work.

Maybe I should listen to him???

************* said:
Bright Raven said:

Thank you Ron.

He has an eye for cattle that I envy. Of course he's been breeding Angus for 52 years, he's like Farmer's Insurance, " "he knows a thing or two because he's seen a thing or two" LOL!

Lately he's been highly focused on SAV Elation 7899. He's really into Elation and wants to breed him to our Elation daughters. I'm not that adventurous, but he thinks it would work.

Maybe I should listen to him???

Might ought to.

How is the performance and frame size on Supercharger calves? I like his look and Kelly Schaff has been posting a lot of pictures on Instagram, but the six calves I've seen in the SAV and Square B catalogues had what looked like below average growth.

Latest posts