SAV Supercharger

Help Support CattleToday:

callmefence said:
From info I'm receiving.
Apparently if anyone doesn't tell Brook that his cattle are the very best they risk being banned.
Nice calf isn't good enough. ....

This used to be a nice place

Fenceman you need to be PC correct, the only problem is there's no politics allowed on CT.

callmefence said:
From info I'm receiving.
Apparently if anyone doesn't tell Brook that his cattle are the very best they risk being banned.
Nice calf isn't good enough. ....

This used to be a nice place

May need to powder there butt a little before you chap it Fence.

Gator Bait said:
I would like to see some supercharger calves or feedback if you have seen any. Thanks!

I think this 👆was the original request. If any other members of CT have Supercharger progeny, then please post them.

I believe Gator Bait wanted to see calves not drama.

Anything else is just 🤮

************* said:
Gator Bait said:
I would like to see some supercharger calves or feedback if you have seen any. Thanks!

I think this 👆was the original request. If any other members of CT have Supercharger progeny, then please post them.

I believe Gator Bait wanted to see calves not drama.

Anything else is just 🤮
It doesn't work that way around here. You post it people see it, people comment on it. If you don't want that to happen i suggest you message the picture to gator bait.

Just a question: how many here would pay for or use a bull based primarily on early pictures of calves? I do not mind seeing young calves but how much do you learn from such and what details are you wanting when you ask or see them? I know it happens but how much does it weigh on your decisions, is it a habit or a skill to see and assume the end product? I own interest in a bull that was purchased nursing his dam when the original buyer was touring the herd and was delivered after he was weaned. But the sire and dam were a big part of that decision based on past sibs and half sibs. Is that what you are seeing in these type pictures. Thanks.

Ebenezer said:
Just a question: how many here would pay for or use a bull based primarily on early pictures of calves? I do not mind seeing young calves but how much do you learn from such and what details are you wanting when you ask or see them? I know it happens but how much does it weigh on your decisions, is it a habit or a skill to see and assume the end product? I own interest in a bull that was purchased nursing his dam when the original buyer was touring the herd and was delivered after he was weaned. But the sire and dam were a big part of that decision based on past sibs and half sibs. Is that what you are seeing in these type pictures. Thanks.

Most of us fall victim to having "bull goggles". We look at mature 2,400 lb bull and think he's the great one and look at a four month old with nary a flaw and think that is the next great one as well. Most of our transactions are done from weaning to 2 years old and rarely do we focus on that product. But to answer your question, yes, the dam and sire are a big part of the decision on young cattle.

CreekAngus said:
Ebenezer said:

Most of us fall victim to having "bull goggles". We look at mature 2,400 lb bull and think he's the great one and look at a four month old with nary a flaw and think that is the next great one as well. Most of our transactions are done from weaning to 2 years old and rarely do we focus on that product. But to answer your question, yes, the dam and sire are a big part of the decision on young cattle.

I totally agree with you, but some calves stand out from day one and never look back.

************* said:
CreekAngus said:
Ebenezer said:

I totally agree with you, but some calves stand out from day one and never look back.

Could you show some examples.

callmefence said:
************* said:
CreekAngus said:

TennesseeTuxedo said:
callmefence said:
************* said:

He's just a baby, he could grow up to have stubby little legs and a long body. Nobody knows at this point.
Doesn't really matter with him anyway. Hell be meeting my pocket knife real soon.

callmefence said:
************* said:
Here is the real article.

[image]342[/image]

Supercharger of Branded

48 days old in this video taken yesterday

http://bit.ly/2KM3A0v

That's a nice little calf, but honestly I could put him in a pen full of black commercial Angus x calves and nobody could tell the difference.

Callmefence makes an excellent observation. And one I think some folks missed. Notice he stated commercial Angus cross? His observation is quite accurate in my experience. Crossbred cattle almost always look as good, if not better than their purebred counterpart. Heterosis. That's a big reason why the commercial cattleman crossbreeds. It was just an observation and a comparison. Context is important

callmefence said:
************* said:
CreekAngus said:

Never had any doubts about this one, and he didn't let me down. He's got plenty of growing left to do. Under two years old.

http://bit.ly/322DZWx

Both TT and BR petted this bull in an open field. Super docile.

Here is another one that everyone wanted me to doubt, but I had confidence that he would pull a rabbit out of a hat and he did just that.

He has grown a bit since last time you all saw him. BR liked this guy the best. I also think Grit wanted me to send him down to GA.

http://bit.ly/2NpMis9

Latest posts