SAV President 6847 daughters

Help Support CattleToday:

************* said:
Redgully said:
CreekAngus said:
You made me look again, but I don't see that. She seems to be a bit shallow in the rear quarter, but as she develops that could change. I'm betting her pedigree is saying, don't move on. If I were raising show cattle and every cow has to hit certain criteria minor flaws might mean something. But with seed stock too often I've seen that marginal cow produce really good progeny time and again.

I agree with overlooking minor floors in cows, especially ones you know you can breed out with good bulls. But i feel her pelvis is tilted forward, it may be just a high tail head gives that impression. I love her front half. But high pins is not something I tolerate as after calving they have a high risk of not cleaning properly due to gravity want everything to flow the wrong way. I find it is a trait that is hard to correct. I may be being a little over cautious here. I guess really it is just the 'look' i don't go for. I'm moving towards breeding speckle park and they ALL seem to look like this heifer, i might have a tough time!!

With all due respect, the issue you mentioned above, not cleaning properly has never been an issue here. In fact, that is the first that I have ever really heard of that. Her dam has been very fertile, and her 1/2 sibling settled on first try AI and will be calving soon. If that problem were to exist, I would get rid of them quickly, but it simply does not exist.

James; you're not following his train of thought, he's suggesting the tilt of the pins may cause a high tail head, has nothing to do with fertility. I don't think she has a high tail head or tilted pins, I've seen really bad and to me she doesn't show this to be an issue. But if he sees it, might be worth tracking, because as she ages it could become worse.