Salsa

Help Support CattleToday:

And I thought my newest big pot was huge :shock:

Looks fab . !! I understand why it would not last long , wouldn't here either . :D

The girls love it. I've got the last jars in the canner so hopefully I can finish up and get some sleep. Its been a long day.

Yum...
would you care to share your recipe?

I am in tomato he double hockey sticks right now. Kitchen table covered, and buckets full in the kitchen. I am going to try drying the cherry tomatoes.
We have made tomato preserves that is delicious with english muffins and eggs.

I am jealous.....
I have gotten one pepper so far and no tomatoes....
late spring frost set us a month behind.....
even the ones we are getting imported from south of here don't have much taste
some of the local vegetable guys have some but they are not cheap....
I can hardly wait for a garden fresh tomatoe....from my garden

RECIPE IS EASY
CHOP UP SOME MATTERS.
CHOP UP SOME PEPPERS PREFERABLY HOT
CHOP UP SOME ONIONS
CHOP UP SOME CILANTRO
SALT AND A LITTLE BLACK PEPPER
ADD SPICES TO YOUR HEARTS CONTENT...

Looks really good, Jo. We've been patiently waiting on tomatoes and yesterday the wife picked the first two. Set them by the back porch and her lap dog got to enjoy them. Bet she don't do that again.

Jo the next time you make it take some of the tomatoes and roast them over a fire of whatever kind you want and use them in the salsa. It gives it a real nice kick!

people are always amazed at me eating chips and salsa.

My buddy and I had to go to one of our horse meetings a few months ago and we stopped for lunch on the way....found a nice looking mexican restaurant and I ordered a texas Fajita. He ordered one too...
we ate a basket of chips and slasa while waiting and they brought us another just before the food came out.
I finished my meal and he could not eat all of his and I went on to clean up the chips and salsa....I can eat em as long as the slasa is decent....

I plan on making some canned sweet salsa and I may try it with my habenero peppers too and jalepenos and call it butt burner special.

Latest posts