Store bought Salsa

Help Support CattleToday:

Homemade pico de gallo is easy to make, just as affordable, and hugely preferable. The best bottled store bought salsa is not good.

Pace has a green sauce now that is good. They also have a restaurant style that's pretty good.

slick4591":2jku2tjn said:
He!! on the Red is the best I can find around here.
It's not bad and something made in a place called Telephone Tx has it's own allure anyway.
Stuff from the major brands tho (Pace--Old El Paso etc) is just crap..too sweet and made for the masses.
Smaller 'micro' brands tend to be better.

I walked by my now deserted garden and saw a giant red tomato... I was like 'What the heck'...found another too when I bent down to get the first.....

greybeard":zkau5ltn said:
slick4591":zkau5ltn said:
He!! on the Red is the best I can find around here.
It's not bad and something made in a place called Telephone Tx has it's own allure anyway.
Stuff from the major brands tho (Pace--Old El Paso etc) is just crap..too sweet and made for the masses.
Smaller 'micro' brands tend to be better.
I liked Pace until Campbell Soup got ahold of it and changed/ruined it.

I didn't know what happened to Pace. I used to like it better, I wasn't sure if it had changed or if it was just my taste changing. We've been buying On The Border - don't know that it's great, but it's better.

DLD":3mw3p7qf said:
I didn't know what happened to Pace. I used to like it better, I wasn't sure if it had changed or if it was just my taste changing.
For decades, it was made (as the commercial said) "right here in San Antonio Texas"..
They moved from San Antonio to Paris Texas, made in the Campbells plant at intersection of the loop and US 82. Went "all natural/gluten free".
Not much good come out of Paris Tx.

greybeard-you made me laugh. "Not much good come out of Paris Tx". Years ago, my Dad put up little square alfalfa bales. They nearly all went on trucks to Paris, TX. The guy who came after them ate jalapeño sandwiches. Two slices of white bread with whole jalapeños inside. Kenny Sandlin bought all the alfalfa we could put in a bale.

Chocolate Cow":1enao6jb said:
greybeard-you made me laugh. "Not much good come out of Paris Tx". Years ago, my Dad put up little square alfalfa bales. They nearly all went on trucks to Paris, TX. The guy who came after them ate jalapeño sandwiches. Two slices of white bread with whole jalapeños inside. Kenny Sandlin bought all the alfalfa we could put in a bale.
Yall don't be haten on my Paris.....