Safe slope to be on with tractor?

Help Support CattleToday:

hurleyjd":1e1za6mv said:
Why do you not quit farming the hills and let nature have some of the land for its own use. Is it the fact that man thinks that every thing out there is his to conquer.

Cause hills is what we got. If I left the hills alone I would only be able to run 5 head instead of 40.

hillbilly beef man":3e5yhclr said:
hurleyjd":3e5yhclr said:
Why do you not quit farming the hills and let nature have some of the land for its own use. Is it the fact that man thinks that every thing out there is his to conquer.

Cause hills is what we got. If I left the hills alone I would only be able to run 5 head instead of 40.

Same here. I use the 4x4 on probably 80% of my pastures. Not much worries about flooding though.

hillbilly beef man":2v9euwx5 said:
hurleyjd":2v9euwx5 said:

Same here, if not for hilly ground there'd be no ground at all. Thought we got smart and fenced the one pretty steep hayfield for pasture a few years ago, so as to not have to run hay equipment on it. Still end up taking a cutting off each year and I'd rather drag a discbine over it than a rotary mower anyway. It is nice to have another option for the grazing rotation though, especially if it gets a little dry. Cows can't keep up with it in spring though.

Latest posts