Sad...

Help Support CattleToday:

Fire Sweep Ranch

Reaction score
This guy lost 11 head of his cattle Sunday to lightening..

http://www.ky3.com/news/local/a-lightni ... 8_32922156

Here is the ironic thing; I heard the story on the radio this morning coming into work. This guy then calls me this morning because I have our good 15 month old bull on Craigslist and he needs a replacement herd bull (and he runs Simmentals). He is coming to look at him today or tomorrow, his first priority is getting rid of the dead livestock!

Kris,
My brother lost 10 head to lightening about 15 years ago. Did you ask him if his insurance covers them? If it does, does the insurance cover their actual value?

I think it was Jogeephus that posted about losing several head to lightening. Been over a year ago tho and I can't find the thread.
Lightening scares me.

We don't get much lightning close to us here, but the bad part of it is it sets all the forests on fire, and we're shaping up to have a heck of a fire season already...

loosing 11 head to lightning (or anything else) sure is a hit!

I lost my entire herd of bulls, 3, one winter in Dec. in a snowstorm to lightning. One I had just bought and never got to use him.
Had one short yearling left in another lot. gs

inyati13":1drrok2m said:
Kris,
My brother lost 10 head to lightening about 15 years ago. Did you ask him if his insurance covers them? If it does, does the insurance cover their actual value?

Insurance should cover I know ours does when we have one get hit every few years. Vet has to come out and verify that it is lightning though.