Got Sad News Tonite

Help Support CattleToday:

I luv herfrds

Reaction score
Got a call from my mother telling me that my grandmother had passed away.
I had just talked to her yesterday and my husband talked to her this morning. She had told us that she was not feeling well, but was asking how we were doing and what we were up to.

Her home nursing people had showed up at their usual time and put her to bed at 8pm and called Hospice, by the time they got there she had passed. She just went to sleep like she always told me she wanted to.

I'm sure going to miss her no nonsense attitude and all the good advice she always gave me. :cry2:

Sorry for your loss. Sounds like she lived a good long life and went out the way she wanted to. Can't ask for more than that.

Sympathy to you and yours! Thank goodness she was able to be in her own home and to go peacefully. Write down all those stories and advice, it will be wonderful to hand down to your little ones.

Thank you.

She was 92 going to be 93 on the 16th.

I have so many memories of her that it is hard to pick just one favorite, but I guess the one I treasure the most happened back when I was in 8th grade.
I had gone shopping with my mom, grandma and my 2 sisters. (Now that was asking for trouble for sure. :D )
My mom loved buying me clothes in the color green. I hate green, still do.
I found an outfit in this dark purple that looked great on me. It was a skirt that came to mid shin and had a small slit that came up to me knee. A matching jacket was there too.
My mom refused to buy it. I refused all the clothes she picked so we left.
Well my birthday was not too far off.
Guess who bought me that outfit for my birthday? Grandma.

She would always stand up for me and be by my side when things went wrong.
I'm sure going to miss her.

So very sorry for your loss ILH. May God bless you all in your time of sorrow and your memories give you comfort .Deepest condolences . :heart:

So sorry for your loss. Just hang onto those memories as they are priceless. Peace be with you.

There is an old saying that grief is for the living. I think your grandmother is a good example of this. She lived a rich full life, got to see her grandkids grow up and give her grandchildren and she was lucky enough to go peacefully in her own home. If I could be so lucky. As for you, like Kerley said, cherish the memories and be reassured she is in an even better place now.

Sorry for your loss. There is no other love like Grandma love, is there? Time will heal the hurt and leave you with the good memories.

So sorry to hear of your loss. Time really does heal, but in the meantime you can enjoy remembering the good times you had together and never forget them.

My condolences......It's tough to lose a Grandma. Mine passed 30 yrs ago and I still feel it.

Keep her in your heart and she will always be there for you!

Thank you everyone.

I was pretty much in a foggy haze yesterday and had trouble focusing on anything.
It's better today, but I'm still forgetting things.

We could never fool her.
My hubby and I started calling her twice a week after a scare. I always called on Friday and hubby called on Tuesday. What had caused this is I called one Friday and she didn't answer. I let the phone ring for a long time. I tried again in 10 minutes and she answered she had been out in the yard.
Grandma never said anything until about a month ago. I was talking with her and she asked if hubby was going to call on Tuesday again, I told her yes. She then told me she knew we were calling her and checking on her to make sure she was still alive. :oops:
Busted!

Hubby was the last family member to talk to her that day. I think in one way he is glad he did talk to her and in a way he is sad because he was the last one.

I'm sorry for your loss.
She sounds like she'd have been fun to know.
Write down as much as you can,save it for your kids for when they wonder where that trant in their kids came from.

Very sorry to hear of your loss, ILH. I don't mean to sound trite but you are lucky for knowing her as long as you did. I only knew one of my grandparents. He died 35 years ago and I still miss him.

Tough news for sure, sorry for your loss. My Mom would have been 97 in April the knowledge and grit of that generation can not be replaced. I miss the girl everyday, then I smile I can hear her saying son there is no sense in changing my mind when I am right. That was usually right after I done something I shouldn't have.

So sorry to hear of your loss ILH. Grand mothers just can't be replaced.Cherish your memories.

Cal

Latest posts