Rubbermaid Water Tub Leak

Help Support CattleToday:

New gaskets will take care of it, that and tightening the outside collar. I have a dozen of them and that has gotten to be a freqeunt repair for them.

The problem is not the drain plug. They both have leaks 1/2 inch from the drain plug where the plastic curves back from the drain plug indention. One of the leaks creates a stream about the size of a pencil lead that shoots up from the botton edge of the tank. I thought about cauterizing it with a red hot nail.

Ah, those are easy to fix. J-B Weld on both the insed and outside of the hole will fix those right up. Cracks are a little harder but holes like that area piece of cake. Ran a bale spike through one of mine and the JB weld has held for several years now.

dun":1cw9xb8h said:
Ah, those are easy to fix. J-B Weld on both the insed and outside of the hole will fix those right up. Cracks are a little harder but holes like that area piece of cake. Ran a bale spike through one of mine and the JB weld has held for several years now.
Yes-definitely the way to go. Mine was cracked and has held up great.
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=85225

Deepsouth":1miyzod5 said:
Those Rubbermaid tubs look good but they're not any good. The man at the local farm supply says he gets more complaints and has to send more back that come already cracked then anything he deals with.
You can;t get the old good ones anymore. The old ones had a lifetime warranty, and they honored it.

Latest posts