Rubber tire tanks

Help Support CattleToday:

We can buy the OTR tires around here real reasonable. They range from 6' diameter to 14' diameter. The price is reasonable. Doesn't take long to install them. After the quickcrete cured I put a layer of Epoxy sealer on top. It should never leak. I put a level controller on it to control the submergible pump on the well. I imagine all tanks we set in the future will be tire tanks.

Supa Dexta":1pwbl36a said:
jltrent how do you have that float set up and connect between it and the tire

I use a BOB float valve and you use a transit to put the float in the float box to were the water in the tank will stay the same level as the float box is set. Water gravity flows from the float box to the tank. When the cattle drink the tank down the float goes down and turns on the water in the float box. The float box doesn't freeze and cattle can't damage the float. In the winter I feed the cattle close the tanks and for the most part they keep the water broken. Last winter I broke ice maybe five times and the cattle probably would have broken it.

Here are the valves and I use a big float as I have about 50-60 lb. pressure. Unlike a lot of other floats these cut off good under pressure and will last.

https://www.dultmeier.com/products/search/6335

RB-R400-3-4-Float-Valve.jpg

Oh ok, I didn't see the last picture at first and was wondering how the heck you got the water up into the tire with the tire sitting over top of the float. Makes way more sense now.

Latest posts