Winter reminder - tire air pressure

Help Support CattleToday:

Son of Butch

Reaction score
With very cold weather hitting the country hard, just a reminder to check the air pressure in your tires.
Air contracts when cold.
Every 12 degree drop in temperature = a 1 pound loss in tire air pressure.

I'm not at all impressed with the factory installed N in my Hyundai tires. The first major temp drop of the season caused the TPMS light to come on. All tires had dropped less than 5 PSI.

Thing is one tire had been repaired and had good old fashioned air in it. Still registered the same as the tires that still had N :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

John SD":ht0hlcqg said:
I'm not at all impressed with the factory installed N in my Hyundai tires. The first major temp drop of the season caused the TPMS light to come on. All tires had dropped less than 5 PSI.

Thing is one tire had been repaired and had good old fashioned air in it. Still registered the same as the tires that still had N :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I hate those tire sensors with a passion and would do away with them all together if it didn't cause 3 different warning lights to come on.
N? One of the biggest :bs: scams ever perpetrated on the public.

John SD":1yb1irpx said:
My plan is to promote the use of helium to inflate tires :idea: :idea: :idea: Cars will get much better gas mileage because they are lighter :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm going the other way. I want them to build rubber coated highways and we can make our own concrete tires at home with a few sacks of sackrete.

greybeard":2k4v4gp4 said:
John SD":2k4v4gp4 said:

I hate those tire sensors with a passion and would do away with them all together if it didn't cause 3 different warning lights to come on.
N? One of the biggest :bs: scams ever perpetrated on the public.

I agree with both those statements gb. Whats bad is when the mechanic doesnt bither to look at the recommended pressure and lets the air out of the tire because he thinks all vehichles still take 32psi. I was able to get about 4 miles down the road before the harrasment started.

Latest posts