Barrel feeder in tire

Help Support CattleToday:

dogman11":3sqd9gl0 said:
TennesseeTuxedo":3sqd9gl0 said:
dogman11":3sqd9gl0 said:
We have 70 Angus cows and 3 Red Angus bulls. Been using 4 of these with about 25 pounds of mineral in each tub 2 times per week. Haven't had one get tipped over yet (3 will be dumped out on the ground tomorrow when I go feed now that I have written this...lol). Even when virtually empty, none have been turned over.

You could always attach some 2 inch pipe and bend up the ends to make runners to drag and to keep them from being tipped over.

This sounds like a slick system but I really want to hear more about your RA bulls on thes BA cows. Got any pics of your calves? I've been toying with doing the same thing. Thanks.

I'll take some pics this weekend. Was just there today, but didn't see this post until I got home. We did embryos on some of them. We had about 16 for sure take and 6 or 7 maybes when we did sonograms last month. This is our first time to do AI or embryos. I'll let ya know how I like it when I see the check for them next fall. Them embryos may come out rainbow colored, but don't care as long as we get paid what they have written in the contract...haha
The rest of the herd is bred to a low birthweight RA Brown Red Angus bull. I'll get u those pics this weekend. Some are black and some are that pretty RA red. Either way, they will have the RA tag in them and that's what our buyer wanted. They'll ship to Kansas sometime in late Oct or early Nov.

Thanks!

Had a chance to get there and took a few pics of the calves. Angus heifers x Red Angus low birthweight bulls.

Only one pic came through...sorry.

Got a couple more of them to load.

Latest posts