Round Hay Bale Transporter

Help Support CattleToday:

HayNewbie

Reaction score
I am looking to purchase a round bale transporter.
I have seen one before that has an attachment that loads the bale onto the trailer when you pull up along side of the bale.
But unforunately the manufacturer no longer makes these.

It will need to handle 6-8 round bales.

I would appreciate it if I could get some links to manufacturers and/or dealers of these type hay trailers.

HayNewbie":3d3wzpji said:
I have seen one before that has an attachment that loads the bale onto the trailer when you pull up along side of the bale.

I would appreciate it if I could get some links to manufacturers and/or dealers of these type hay trailers.

My transporter is a front end loader and a gooseneck.

HayNewbie":1iqn7z55 said:

Is this what your looking for?

http://www.vermeerag.com/equip/500bmove.html
500700main.jpg

Dew Eze used to make a rig kind of like the vermeer but that was a gooseneck and could be pulled with a truck rather than a tractor. My uncle had one back in the eighties. Hydraulics leaked and shot fluid onto the tail pipe and started a fire that burned up the bale mover, the one ton truck, and the hay.

That was a bad day on the farm.

haymaker":2el3lnos said:
Anybody know how much these bale movers go for, it sure would be a time saver

The multi-bale movers I have priced new from several manufacturers (4-6 bale size) seem to run around $1800 to 3,000. If one has its own hydraulics, probably expect to burn a hole in a $5000. dollar bill.

My transporter is a front end loader and a gooseneck

Amen flaboy. We are hauling hay all over the countryside here, so road-worthiness is important. 10 to 14 bales at a time on a 25-foot gooseneck

HatCreekFan":fsh7uute said:
My transporter is a front end loader and a gooseneck

Amen flaboy. We are hauling hay all over the countryside here, so road-worthiness is important. 10 to 14 bales at a time on a 25-foot gooseneck

Yeah, plus you can use the gooseneck for other stuff. I'm not sure what I would use a bale transporter for other than that.

Latest posts