round bale hauler

Help Support CattleToday:

dj":11pwmx51 said:
old_cowboy:
Would you have to have brakes? It's just the weight of one bale pushing you.
frenchie:
Got at call back from S+H tractor they can get one from Dura-Bilt $1195.00

dj, The brakes are what operates the tilt on a tumblebuggy. For those that don't know, you back up to the bale, lock the brakes via a toggle switch and back up tilting the buggy up to the bale and a grab arm swings over the bale and hooks it from the back. You then pull forward tilting the bale onto the trailer while the brakes are still on. It alsw swings the hook arm back forward toward tailgate. you then unlock the brakes and away you go with the bale. You don't have to exit the vehicle with a tumblebuggy.

A6gal":2ieommxr said:
the wench type

Left myself open for that one didn't I! :shock: I thought something didn't look right when I typed that word. Leave it to you guys to catch it!!!! Some of you are heartless. :oops:

A6gal, the biggest majority of the members on this board are far from heartless, just can't resist an engraved invitation for a little fun and teasing. :lol: :lol:

Here is a picture of the bale trailer I built. I had about $700.00 with the electric winch I bought off ebay,the spindles I bought from the implement. I had about 8 hrs or so in it. It works great. I like it alot. I pull it behind a 1/2 ton truck. It has enough tongue weight u can pull it 55 mph easy. I can email you drawings and dimensions if u like. I started off with a stabber on my truck but the bales were way to heavy for it.
0905174.jpg
0905175.jpg

A6gal, the biggest majority of the members on this board are far from heartless, just can't resist an engraved invitation for a little fun and teasing.

MS, I totally agree with you. I meant the "heartless" comment in a good natured way, not in a mean spirited way. Like I said, I left myself open for that one! Can't blame 'em for jumping on the opportunity when it was presented. I got a laugh out of it. :)

RAWCJW, Nice job! Looks like the one I just paid $450 dollars for without the electric winch. I think I'll check into what it'd take to put an electric winch on mine. Would be much easier than the hand crank. These days these easier the better. Thanks for the idea! ;-)

Just bought a brand new, still shiny hay buggy for $450 from a place out in Lampassas.....much better priced than the tumblebug brand name.

I convert a flat bed hay trailer to haul 4 bales and it unloads it self one by one...it was free too

Latest posts