romagnola cattle

Help Support CattleToday:

cleav

Reaction score
what is the pros and cons of romagnola cattle. do the crossbreed cows make good mammas. any calving problems with calving problems.

cleav":1ehl8z1m said:
what is the pros and cons of romagnola cattle. do the crossbreed cows make good mammas. any calving problems with calving problems.

Cons
1. I won't remember how to spell it.
2. Not sure how to pronounce it either

LOL

Don't know anything about this breed

M Gravlee":2gz5ltja said:
These longtime advertisers have a good bit of info about romagnola. Nice folks, too.

http://www.cherokeehills.com/about_us.htm
Might be nice people - and I know they blow big $ on ads with cattle today - but their cattle are not what is promoted. Calving ease is hardly 100+ in my book. They will put a muscle on anything, but extremely slow maturing and hard to breed as heifers. My angus were all bred and only half of the rom-angus heifers ever did breed. Upon serious questioning - they admit to starving their cows pre-calving to lower calving wt- just opposite what should be done. Full blood bulls seemed calm- but man what fence jumpers their offspring were wild - and out of very calm cows. I guess you can halter break anything to calm it down - but the wild blood is still in there. They are a TERMINAL only breed - do not waste your time trying to keep the cows. Again they do grow well, but take what the "nice people" with big check books say with several grains of salt.

Latest posts