Roll-a-bar rake with hydraulic lift?

Help Support CattleToday:

ohiosteve

Reaction score
Is there such a thing? Every one I've ever used is hand crank. I've got a new idea 9' with a dolly wheel in the front and I really like it just wish I could lift it from the seat of the tractor, not only for road transport but also for use in the field.

Wouldn't be terribly difficult to throw a cylinder in place of each of the screw rods. Just have to have stops in place to keep it from breaking things.

Aaron":211xoa7l said:
Wouldn't be terribly difficult to throw a cylinder in place of each of the screw rods. Just have to have stops in place to keep it from breaking things.
That's what I was thinking. Then I got to thinking a little more and was wondering why nobody else had ever done it.

Saw one a few years ago, home made deal. Most poele have no use for a rollabar , that's the only reason I can think of that it isn;t widely available. I was going to set mine up but never got around to it.

dun":a2lnsx1j said:
Saw one a few years ago, home made deal. Most poele have no use for a rollabar , that's the only reason I can think of that it isn;t widely available. I was going to set mine up but never got around to it.

Very few of us use Rola-bar here anymore. Many fall into two camps - no raking period; or big folding wheel rakes. When I win the lottery, I'll go buy a R2800.

Aaron":12pr50dm said:
dun":12pr50dm said:

Very few of us use Rola-bar here anymore. Many fall into two camps - no raking period; or big folding wheel rakes. When I win the lottery, I'll go buy a R2800.
Not many do around here either but in some weird shaped fields the wheel rakes are just to ungainly to manuever around. I also have a personal theory that wheel rakes hurt the tilth of the soil be raking too clean.

the soil is so black and soft here they use a lot of the roll a bar rakes to not destroy.

i just let my wheel rake 'float' and it leaves quit a bit of residue and doesn't bring up any dirt.. but i also cut my grass at least 8" high so that probably helps as well.

New Holland made a hydraulic lift for the roll bar rakes . I have one on a 258 rake. I pull a 10 rotary rake behind my 656 hydro and a 258 rake on a rake bridge with the 258, I use a hydraulic selector valve at the back of the rake to lift the 258 or mostly to steer the bridge. I gave $250 for the lift setup with out the cylinder 5 years ago. You can see the part needed on the parts diagrams.

Latest posts