RITO 1/2 2536

Help Support CattleToday:

Dusty

Reaction score
Who has used him, who has seen his calves and what do you think.. I don't like all the semen issues i have heard about him and about him taking the big "dirt nap" at such a young age..

Have his sons shown good Sct developement? Daughters, does anyone have some in production, what are they like?

Why is 1/2 so popular and 1/1 who has similiar looks and better epds been sweep under the rug till now ?

The 1I2 bull calves i have seen look very promising, and were in my opinion the best looking sire group at the Il beef expo this week.

I have one 1I2 cow in production. She is one of my donors. I have no flush calves born until fall. She is a big girl. And that is the biggeswt drawback I hear people discuss. I think the BW issue is 1I1 biggest drawback.

Dusty
I talked with Select Sires two weeks ago and they said he is alive and in better shape now than he has been. I think they said they were going to try to collect some semen from him. I have 10 straws on the way that they found for me.

I've seen a number of his sons for sale recently. I actually like his father, 6I6, but have yet to see a son of 1I2 that trips my trigger. He's just not a beef bull, in my opinion.

Side note/Personal rant: My initial reaction the wehrman catalog for the bull sale next weekend was disappointing. Might as well call it Gardiner Angus, Virginia division. When looking at the pictured bulls in their catalog, I came up with way more dislikes than likes, mostly from lack of rear end. While I'm just a nobody in the big scheme of things, I would have hoped that a respected breeder such as this would be trying to address the shortcomings of the breed, rather than propagate them. The sale is just over an hour from home and I'm in the market for another angus bull but unless something changes in the next week I think I'll just stay home.

cfpinz

I too was told that he is alive and they are actually getting some semen on him. I haven't seen alot of progeny but was told by one Angus breeder that there were some serious fertility issues with his progeny. Not sure but this is one persons opinion anyway.

Latest posts