Returning Illegals to Country of Origin

Help Support CattleToday:

greybeard":1rwkxgon said:
True Grit Farms":1rwkxgon said:
If our fearless leader would give the order to "shoot to kill" anyone attempting to enter the US of A illegally, we'd have no more illegal problems by sundown. Or just treat illegals like their a threat to our national security, you know kinda like the terrorists treat us. Everyone in this country should be vetted like I am, just getting a new drivers license was terrible.
I've been vetted before myself.
In 2005, I was going to travel by car from San Angelo to Houston. The night before I was going to leave, I discovered an oil leak, and decided to fly, which meant making a conected flight in DFW. Went down to the local airport that morning, paid cash for my afternoon flight ticket, reached for it, and the ticket girl told me they would be holding my ticket and she recommended I bring a birth certificate that matched my valid Texas driv lic. Boarding pass was stamped SSSS, which meant I would be screened more than usual due to security concerns. Went back home and got my stuff, ate lunch and when I returned for my flight, was taken off to the side and given the 3rd degree, verbally and physically, tho they didn't go quite as far as a body cavity search. They asked me all kinds of questions--where I was going, why, who I was visiting, their name and address, my religious affiliation, marriage status, spouse's name, ..just a bunch of stuff unrelated to me getting on an airplane. I was being vetted for that flight simply because I paid cash, hadn't flown in several years and bought my ticket the same day as the flight. Other passengers looked at me like I was a criminal and I still remember wondering why I bothered giving nearly nine years of military service to this same country, just to be treated like some kind of undesirable.
(I did not own a cell phone at the time, but I'm sure if I did, they would have wanted to see it)

thats terrible. with 9 years of service you should of been welcomed on the plane with a thank you sir.

Surely you didn't expect preferential treatment??? Why??? Maybe you should have shown them your discharge papers. You fit the profile....you were profiled. Simple.

TexasBred":172zkcqg said:
Surely you didn't expect preferential treatment??? Why??? Maybe you should have shown them your discharge papers. You fit the profile....you were profiled. Simple.
Got that right one look and they
knew this is one of those that cling to
God and guns.
Had to be a legit threat

Caustic Burno":h34o49x2 said:
TexasBred":h34o49x2 said:
Got that right one look and they
knew this is one of those that cling to
God and guns.
Had to be a legit threat
Definitely a threat for someone that has never seen him. As I said, he had the profile. Better safe than sorry.

ddd75":wfgrbtpb said:
greybeard":wfgrbtpb said:
True Grit Farms":wfgrbtpb said:
If our fearless leader would give the order to "shoot to kill" anyone attempting to enter the US of A illegally, we'd have no more illegal problems by sundown. Or just treat illegals like their a threat to our national security, you know kinda like the terrorists treat us. Everyone in this country should be vetted like I am, just getting a new drivers license was terrible.
In 2005, I was going to travel by car from San Angelo to Houston. The night before I was going to leave, I discovered an oil leak, and decided to fly, which meant making a conected flight in DFW. Went down to the local airport that morning, paid cash for my afternoon flight ticket, reached for it, and the ticket girl told me they would be holding my ticket and she recommended I bring a birth certificate that matched my valid Texas driv lic. Boarding pass was stamped SSSS, which meant I would be screened more than usual due to security concerns. Went back home and got my stuff, ate lunch and when I returned for my flight, was taken off to the side and given the 3rd degree, verbally and physically, tho they didn't go quite as far as a body cavity search. They asked me all kinds of questions--where I was going, why, who I was visiting, their name and address, my religious affiliation, marriage status, spouse's name, ..just a bunch of stuff unrelated to me getting on an airplane. I was being vetted for that flight simply because I paid cash, hadn't flown in several years and bought my ticket the same day as the flight. Other passengers looked at me like I was a criminal and I still remember wondering why I bothered giving nearly nine years of military service to this same country, just to be treated like some kind of undesirable.
(I did not own a cell phone at the time, but I'm sure if I did, they would have wanted to see it)

thats terrible. with 9 years of service you should of been welcomed on the plane with a thank you sir.

That's exactly the way it should be done. They have no way of knowing what is in your head or heart so they do whatever they can to keep everyone safe. You acted suspiciously and were treated so. Humiliating of course, but absolutely necessary. We can't have it both ways.

City Guy":3r2k7bsy said:
ddd75":3r2k7bsy said:
greybeard":3r2k7bsy said:

That's exactly the way it should be done. They have no way of knowing what is in your head or heart so they do whatever they can to keep everyone safe. You acted suspiciously and were treated so. Humiliating of course, but absolutely necessary. We can't have it both ways.

buying a plane ticket with cash is suspicious? haha

oh hold on.. we just brought in another 100,000 "refugees" no cash needed for them

No self respecting terrorist would buy a one way ticket with cash . They know what happens.

I'd challenge anyone to publicize one instance of TSA stopping a terrorist. TSA is a DC/Hollywood production.

BK9954":2o082yf6 said:
boondocks":2o082yf6 said:
BK9954":2o082yf6 said:
Yes she is a criminal and should feel so. She shouldnt be on the news feeling sorry for herself. She knew the possible consequences and should accept it. Probably really surprised since that hasnt happened a lot for the last 8 years. I am going to say something controversial compared to what most people say on this board. The problem we have is we have done nothing as a country for years to enforce the current immigration laws. Now we have this large population here, some here for over 30 years, which our laws allowed their children born here to be citizens, engrained in our society. I know a lot of illegal immigrants. Some have worked hard, putting their kids through major universities, bought houses and built lives here. Our current sytem allows for those, with family members who are citizens, to apply for foregivness, pay large penalties, go back to Mexico or whatever country voluntarily and come back as residents. Process takes about a year. Go ahead and get these people on this and get it over with. I know some people who have done this. Had some work for me after they got legal. I think our system SHOULD NOT ALLOW GOVERNMENT ASSISTANCE to non citizens such as welfare and whatnot like we do now. I am not really in favor of breaking up families but deport the criminals such as theives, rapist, violent offenders and that group of criminals. Our companies have willingly hired illegals for years. I have seen it first hand. Companies look the other way all the time. Not mine, we use the e-verify system through the delartment of homeland security but that system is totally voluntary. Lady sentenced in Texas to 8 years in prison for voting illegally when she was not a citizen. Good for Texas. Made an example of her.
You are aware, are you not, that Obama deported more people than W did?
I was not a fan of W. He was a RINO(Relublican in Name Only) as far as I was concerened. Pushed me to leave the Republican party. I call myself an ulta conservative constitutionalist patriot libertarian now. But I vote against someone when I vote instead of throwing it away.. I didnt see any ICE raids around me for the last 8 years. No I have not seen the stats for Obama. I do know that ICE has been raiding the Mexican Restuarants and other spots in my area. This is what I see in my local area. Have not seen that happen for 8 years, that I know. Now what kind of deportations Obama did I would like to see the stats but local raids I have not seen any. I have seen some of the numbers of Central American children and refugeees allowed to cross illegal and stay. I am in a border state. We probably have more illegals than the upper 40. We should be seeing tons ICE action if it was taken seriously. Fines for employers are enormous. The managers can get fined personally as well. Not worth it to me as a manager. Every illegal that files for a green card pays about $10000 for the process. Lets atleast get some money back and keep the ones who work and pay taxes, good econimics. Put that money toward the wall.

There is no doubt there is a ice roundup going on in central Texas like I've never seen. Its being credited( by ice) as a result of the new administration.
If the dt fails to keep his word. Its not gonna be from lack of trying

HDRider":3qze4o4m said:
I'd challenge anyone to publicize one instance of TSA stopping a terrorist. TSA is a DC/Hollywood production.
I challenge you to publicize one they didn't stop.

ga.prime":lfmjd1wr said:
HDRider":lfmjd1wr said:
Have you ever seen them catch one, or even read where they did? I haven't.

Are you saying terrorist don't even try because TSA is on the job?

I think the whole TSA thing is just a placebo to make us think our government is doing something.

It's very hard for the TSA, or any other government law enforcement agency to do their job when their told not to. And if you can't use racial profiling looking for terrorist, we all are possible suspects. Even though 99.9 percent of the terrorist look like terrorist to me. But you never know maybe one day a terrorist will look like me.

HDRider":3u3idi49 said:
Have you ever seen them catch one, or even read where they did? I haven't. Are you saying terrorist don't even try because TSA is on the job?
Yes. Do you think there would have been zero airplane bombings or hijackings in the U.S. since 9-11 without TSA?

ga.prime":1z7an09s said:
HDRider":1z7an09s said:
Have you ever seen them catch one, or even read where they did? I haven't. Are you saying terrorist don't even try because TSA is on the job?
Yes. Do you think there would have been zero airplane bombings or hijackings in the U.S. since 9-11 without TSA?
Hard to say.

I'm not saying we don't need security, but I travel a lot and seeing the millions (billions?) of dollars of equipment sitting idle and one line running staffed with a highway crew mentality (apologies to any of you highway workers) with lots of agents lolly gagging around and standing in line for an hour or longer sucks.

I feel like the terrorists won.

There has to be a better way.

HDRider":g6kqp9r3 said:
ga.prime":g6kqp9r3 said:
HDRider":g6kqp9r3 said:

I think the whole TSA thing is just a placebo to make us think our government is doing something.
They did stop Dallas Cowboys coach Barry Switzer trying to board with his pistol in his pocket. Does that qualify?? (You just never know what he was really planning)

SSSS on Boarding Pass – what does it mean?
by Dominik | 15 December 2014 | Advice | 48 comments
Have you ever noticed 'SSSS' written on your boarding pass? And noticed that with those 4 S's your travel day might have been impacted with additional screening? SSSS stands for 'Secondary Security Screening Selection', basically if you see this on your boarding pass, you will receive additional security throughout your time at the airport.
When it comes to getting randomly selected, there are several myths and facts that are thrown around and most people don't know what in fact is true and what isn't.
A common assumption is that the security/TSA selects people for SSSS, this is false. It is the airlines who review several pieces of information about your journey and then determine if you are a candidate for secondary screening, now of course you could not match any of their SSSS specifications and still get randomly selected (as happened to me at least twice already).
Here is one of my recent boarding passes:

SSSS
As you can see above my name is the indication that I was selected. Normally this would say something like 'API OK' or 'API' or something like 'DATA'.
Some myths of receiving secondary screening include (but are definitely not limited to):
Premium cabin travellers don't get secondary screening. False. In this case I was flying Business class.
Frequent flyers don't get secondary screening. False. See 'SEN' written on the boarding pass twice? This means Lufthansa Miles&More Senator status which is Star Alliance Gold.
People who are members of a trusted traveller programme (like Global Entry). False. You can't see it here, but I have Global Entry and I made sure my Known Traveller Number was in the system way ahead of departure.
The following are red flags to the airlines:
People who buy their tickets really close to the departure date (in most cases the day of departure).
People who pay with cash for their ticket.
People who buy one-way tickets.
If you are ever selected for additional screening via this method, you won't be able to print or get your boarding pass at home. In my case, I was flying from Poland to Frankfurt and onward to Seattle and I was able to check-in all the way to Seattle but was only able to print/get my boarding pass at home for the European segment.
In most cases, SSSS is random and it is just another way of protecting the people travelling. If you see that you have received SSSS, I'd suggest that you make sure to take off ALL of the metal on your body BEFORE going through security. And I mean everything. Place it in your bag so that the whole process will go smoother. You might receive a pat down and your bags will definitely be inspected by hand.
Also, make sure that once you are past security, go to the gate and get a new boarding pass (after your passport/ID is verified), that doesn't have the 'SSSS', since you can't board with the original one.
Hopefully that makes some information clear on the subject, and just know that literally anyone can get it, so don't be nervous. If you comply, the whole process will be smooth and you will be flying in no time.

ga.prime":1v4g16hg said:
HDRider":1v4g16hg said:
I think the TSA is incompetent.

HDRider":2if5wf04 said:

If we are to "read" where they did, we would have to get that from some news source or first hand witnesses later reported by a news source. Since those organizations no longer report the truth, would it be believed if it were reported? Today we believe what we want to believe. Facts and figures are only valid if they support what we believe.

HDRider":3b4ao75p said:
ga.prime":3b4ao75p said:
HDRider":3b4ao75p said:

I agree that TYSA is a weak defense but I feel certain they have stopped or deterred many trouble makers. I wouldn't publicize any stops if possible, to avoid public concern.

What would you do if you were king?

ga.prime":zcosux0w said:
HDRider":zcosux0w said:

I do remember in 2009, when Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano, (after the passengers in mid flight subdued would be bomber Abdul Farouk Abdulmutallab--a known watch list security risk with ties to Al Queda) immediately announced to the world, that "The system worked!

True Grit Farms":2ff03x8x said:
It's very hard for the TSA, or any other government law enforcement agency to do their job when their told not to. And if you can't use racial profiling looking for terrorist, we all are possible suspects. Even though 99.9 percent of the terrorist look like terrorist to me. But you never know maybe one day a terrorist will look like me.

Does this guy look like a terrorist??

Latest posts