Replacement Heifers

Help Support CattleToday:

creekdrive

Reaction score
Just some pictures of some of our replacement heifers this year. Most are purebred angus - but there is some commercials mixed in the group too as you can see. They have all been with the bull since the 15th of June so most should be bred at this point.

IMG-1201sm.jpg

IMG_1255sm.jpg

IMG_1249sm.jpg

this big girl looks a little out of place in the group - she is a purchased heifer with a January birthdate, our home raised girls are mostly 4-5 months younger than she is.

IMG_1231sm.jpg

IMG_9734sm.jpg

IMG_9444sm.jpg

IMG-9389sm.jpg

IMG-9419sm.jpg

I have more pictures but I better stop there for now.

Thanks all. Your gonna make me have a big head.
Jeanne, I always feel like the animals should speak from themselves whether in a picture/video/advertisement. I totally suck at hyping up my own animals. I just feel that they are what they are, some are better than others and none of them are perfect. A bunch of words doesn't make them any better or worse. I will say that for the little bit of advertising we do, having decent pictures to use definitely makes a difference. I would much rather have an ad up with no pictures at all than use crappy pictures. Some of those heifers we are keeping are really nothing special to look at (ie. that tan heifer in the 1st pic, and the heifer on right side closest to camera in 2nd pic) but they all come from dams with good production history within our herd.

creekdrive said:
Thanks all. Your gonna make me have a big head.
Jeanne, I always feel like the animals should speak from themselves whether in a picture/video/advertisement. I totally suck at hyping up my own animals. I just feel that they are what they are, some are better than others and none of them are perfect. A bunch of words doesn't make them any better or worse. I will say that for the little bit of advertising we do, having decent pictures to use definitely makes a difference. I would much rather have an ad up with no pictures at all than use crappy pictures. Some of those heifers we are keeping are really nothing special to look at (ie. that tan heifer in the 1st pic, and the heifer on right side closest to camera in 2nd pic) but they all come from dams with good production history within our herd.
Sometimes the not-so-pretty ones just work hard and make really nice calves, and the pretty ones seem to think they can get by on looks alone :p

Love the pics :)

Thanks again all

lithuanian farmer said:
Very nice group!
How much they weight at the moment?

I would put most of them around 800-900 lbs. There is some in the group that would be smaller and a few that would be bigger. We don't push them really at all to grow after they are weaned and this year I would say they were definitely 'greener' than a lot of years. They really take off and start looking good once they are put on pasture. A lot of people would probably like to see them bigger but for us that is about the right size at this stage.

Latest posts