Replacement heifers (pics)

Help Support CattleToday:

randiliana

Reaction score
I've been playing around with my new camera. I'm sure I will get better as I go along, but here are some of our replacement heifers.

Chow time
DSC00288.jpg

DSC00285.jpg

DSC00278.jpg

This is Scrubby, I was her mama. I think I did a pretty good job ;-)
DSC00277.jpg

Got an itch
DSC00271.jpg

DSC00278.jpg

DSC00269.jpg

DSC00268.jpg

DSC00266.jpg

DSC00265.jpg

Looks like you got a little ring worm going around. Seriously though, they look good. I like the dark red white face one the best - love that color pattern.

maybe a little trouble with ring worm, but no trouble putting hair on them, i'm sure they need it though
:lol:

Where's that heifer calf you posted pics of earlier in the year with all that muscling?

cfpinz

Thanks for the comments. We always have ringworm. It is in the corrals, and we can't seem to get rid of it. Give them another month, and it will be pretty much gone. Already some of them are getting over it.

Bigbull, we plan to keep most of them. Some will get sold, probably as breds.

Sidney, the dark red one with the WF is one of my favorites as well. She is Shorthorn x Red Angus/Hereford. Should make a good cow.

Diehard, Actually, so far, this winter they really haven't needed that hair. It is well above freezing today, and supposed to be the same tomorrow.

Cfpinz, the muscled heifer is in there, she is just hard to get a decent photo of. Seems to think that her nose should be the only thing in the photo. In the photo of them at the feed bunk, she is the Bwf, 3rd from the bottom of the photo. Someday, I will get a good photo of her again, and post it.

Latest posts