REMITALL MOZART ET 74M
REMITALL NATION WIDE ET 93N
REMITALL OLYMPIAN ET 262L
REMITALL ONLINE 122L
REMITALL ROUTE 66 ET 346R
REMITALL TIMESAVER ET 100T
REMITALL TOWN HALL ET 142T

So the question is this:

Does anyone see a pattern developing for argueably one of the best, if not the best, cows in the Hereford breed?

HerefordSire":2ydvu3gq said:
http://abri.une.edu.au/online/cgi-bin/i4.dll?1=2021292A&2=232F50&3=56&5=2B3C2B3C3A&6=59585A255A262F2024&9=5C5F5959

These are Catalina 24H sons on record:

REMITALL INTENSIFIER
REMITALL LAGRAND PAPA ET 130P
REMITALL LAGRAND POWER ET 124P
REMITALL LAGRD PIVOTAL 404P
REMITALL LAGRD PLAYER ET 358P
REMITALL LAGRD POUNDER ET 204P
REMITALL LANDMARK ET 77L
REMITALL LION KING ET 252L
REMITALL MOZART ET 74M
REMITALL ONLINE 122L

So the question is this:

Does anyone see a pattern developing for argueably one of the best, if not the best, cows in the Hereford breed?
I think that she is one of the finest cows in the Hereford breed. I also know that Haroldson's has a cow as well that is the dam of the Mutumbo bull for WLB Livestock, 29D. She is as good as Catalina, but she hasn't been put in the publics eye like 24H.

THG

http://www.haroldsons.com/. Go to this website and look under dams and click on Haroldson's Sarah 2Z 29D. She is a thick and very impressive cow. If you don't think I am telling you the truth, give Carl Olson a call, he will tell you, because Carl owns a 20X out of 29D donor cow that is super.

THG

HerefordSire":1pacpfva said:
http://abri.une.edu.au/online/cgi-bin/i4.dll?1=2021292A&2=232F50&3=56&5=2B3C2B3C3A&6=59585A255A262F2024&9=5C5F5959

These are Catalina 24H sons on record:

REMITALL INTENSIFIER
REMITALL LANDMARK ET 77L
REMITALL MOZART ET 74M
REMITALL ONLINE 122L

So the question is this:

I will give you a hint:

Pull a query for her progeny. All 2007 calves showing are females. There are no males.

I believe Remitall is sexing their semen looking for the next Online and not publishing the results. They may be even inspecting genetic markers.

REMITALL INTENSIFIER

REMITALL LANDMARK ET 77L
REMITALL ONLINE 122L

REMITALL MOZART ET 74M

See? Where are the S males? Only two T males? Only one R male? None from Embracer? I figure Catalina 24H gets flushed 3 times per year. In 2007 she was flushed to Embracer AGAIN...but no male. See? Do you see the pattern yet? Do you see how they are playing around with Moose?

I have a hunch Embracer males out of Catalina 24H calves born in 2005, 2006, 2007 are growing but not published or registered. If you owned Online and he set all kinds of records for his short life, wouldn't you flush Catalina to his daddy again? If so, where are the males?

HerefordSire":1dk1ki9d said:
REMITALL INTENSIFIER

REMITALL LANDMARK ET 77L
REMITALL ONLINE 122L

REMITALL MOZART ET 74M

See? Where are the S males? Only two T males? Only one R male? None from Embracer? I figure Catalina 24H gets flushed 3 times per year. In 2007 she was flushed to Embracer AGAIN...but no male. See? Do you see the pattern yet? Do you see how they are playing around with Moose?

I have a hunch Embracer males out of Catalina 24H calves born in 2005, 2006, 2007 are growing but not published or registered. If you owned Online and he set all kinds of records for his short life, wouldn't you flush Catalina to his daddy again? If so, where are the males?
LaGrand flushed 24H to Reload this year and I know that Grandview I think flushed her to Stamina, but I am not 100%. I can find out?

THG

And Remitalls flushed her to Embracer last year.

Remitall only flushed 24H to Moose because Remitall is searching for bulls to flush her too that don't have any Remitall influence.

THG

It's called controlling the market and manuvering the consumer. :D

Moose as a good set of epd's, which helps. Funny though, Lagrand and Remitall are listed as the owners of 24H. They are not listed as any of the owners for Moose, and no semen or cert's are being sold on him. I like the Bond influance [Moose's grand sire]. I have a couple of Bond daughters. Do the think they would let me use Moose to. :)

rocket2222":3s5z80g1 said:
Moose as a good set of epd's, which helps. Funny though, Lagrand and Remitall are listed as the owners of 24H. They are not listed as any of the owners for Moose, and no semen or cert's are being sold on him. I like the Bond influance [Moose's grand sire]. I have a couple of Bond daughters. Do the think they would let me use Moose to. :)

Sure they would......Chocolate Moose, Hair Moose, Moose Pie, ...etc. etc. :lol:

rocket2222":1ax90zfo said:
Rocket2222, Semen in Canada on Moose can be purchased for $75.00/unit, but not in the states.

THG

rocket2222":2l862kov said:
Bond was a darn good bull I always thought. I think Hereford sire should give Bond a shot, because he wants performance, well he will get it using Bond.

THG

REMITALL CATALINA ET 150L
REMITALL CATALINA ET 69L

REMITALL CATALINA ET 143M
REMITALL CATALINA ET 76M

REMITALL CATALINA ET 43N
REMITALL CATALINA ET 47N
REMITALL LA GRAND CATALINA 34N

REM LAGRD CATALINA ET 140P
REM LAGRD CATALINA ET 152P
REMITALL CATALINA ET 380P
REMITALL LAGR CATALINA ET 372P
REMITALL LAGR CATALINA ET 397P

REMITALL CATALINA ET 328R
REMITALL CATALINA ET 329R
REMITALL CATALINA ET 333R
REMITALL CATALINA ET 344R
REMITALL CATALINA ET 359R

REMITALL LAGRAND CATALINA 4S

REMITALL CATALINA ET 119T
REMITALL CATALINA ET 135T
REMITALL CATALINA ET 338T

The 21 females above are listed in Canada. There are a couple of other progeny listed in the US not listed in Canada.

THG":2wipyrvf said:
And Remitalls flushed her to Embracer last year.

Remitall only flushed 24H to Moose because Remitall is searching for bulls to flush her too that don't have any Remitall influence.

THG

Sounds like you go to church with the Latimers. :cboy:

I don't like Moose. I don't like Bond. I don't like Kodiak.

What do you think the flush would produce if Remitall flushed Catalina 24H with Online 122L?

rocket2222":3koftpma said:
If you owned Online and he set all kinds of records for his short life, wouldn't you flush Catalina to his daddy again? If so, where are the males?

This should be telling you something :)

mmmmmm......It is telling me something although I am not sure what. Are they hiding the males in someone's pasture and not registering the males?

THG":bzn8ax1f said:
rocket2222":bzn8ax1f said:
Bond was a darn good bull I always thought. I think Hereford sire should give Bond a shot, because he wants performance, well he will get it using Bond.

THG

I likes this one:

http://www.herfnet.com/online/cgi-bin/i ... D&9=505F5C

HerefordSire":1iitchkv said:

I love conspiracy theories, but this is one I don't buy.

My theory - Online is a truly unique individual whose success and genetics probably couldn't be duplicated(or exceeded) if they flushed 24H to 8E and got 100 male progeny. The Latimers have seen all the cattle in the pedigree for several generations and know them better than anyone else. They know what they have in Online - and they also know where they want to go with their breeding program.....

......through LINEBREEDING!

Since they already had a large semen bank built on Online, there's little incentive to attempt to duplicate what they already have. Instead they're looking for alternative matings with the cow to produce complimentary progeny that eventually can be woven back together in a linebreeding program to produce the NEXT great one.

Remitall Catalina 24H may not be the greatest Hereford cow in the breed, but she definitely is one of the most predominant in history.

To paraphrase what Bum Phillips used to say about Earl Campbell:

"24H may not be in a class of her own, but it sure don't take long to call the roll".

George

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts