Remember "Marcel Ledbetter"?

Help Support CattleToday:

MikeC

Reaction score
Monday, January 21, 2008

Associated Press

NEW BLOOMFIELD, Mo. — A man wielding a chain saw and a knife attacked residents at a homeless shelter where he was staying, leaving two people in critical condition and injuring two others, police said.

Matthew Watkins, 28, was charged with four counts each of first-degree assault and armed criminal action for the attack Saturday at the Mid-America Care Center, the Callaway County sheriff's office said Sunday.

Sheriff Dennis Crane said two victims were cut by a chain saw and two others by a knife. Authorities said the victims injured by the chain saw were in critical condition, while the other two were treated and released.

Watkins had been staying at the shelter for about two weeks and was taking part in a program that provides residents with on-the-job-training, authorities said.

The attacks happened around 2 p.m. inside the shelter. Afterward, Watkins ran outside, where police got him to drop the chain saw at gunpoint and arrested him, authorities said.

Watkins, originally from St. Louis, was being held on $600,000 bond. Jail officials did not immediately know whether Watkins had an attorney.

Reminds me of - "Whoa, shoot up here amongst us. One of us has got to have some relief !!!!"

This saying just owns me. :lol2:

I'm just afraid this will come back to haunt law abiding chain saw owners.

I do think we should ban all assault chain saws in America!!! :lol2:

Nowland Farms":abmoxjxa said:
Reminds me of - "Whoa, shoot up here amongst us. One of has got to have some relief !!!!"

No what ya mean Nowland. I think that was ol Jerry Clower though on the coon hunt.

Cal

Nowland Farms":2nc4djr3 said:
Reminds me of - "Whoa, shoot up here amongst us. One of has got to have some relief !!!!"

That quote applies in so many circumstances. Problem is that nobody that I quote it to has any idea what I'm talking about anymore. It's a classic.

one of my favorite was when Marcel would sit in the back of the classroom and pretend he was a pulpwood truck...esp. when he got stuck....

jw":2jq8twxn said:
I'm just afraid this will come back to haunt law abiding chain saw owners.

I do think we should ban all assault chain saws in America!!! :lol2:

No more Texas Chainsaw Massacres?

There is a more simple solution. We could just implement a 2 week waiting period.

skyline":228xi49y said:
Nowland Farms":228xi49y said:

That quote applies in so many circumstances. Problem is that nobody that I quote it to has any idea what I'm talking about anymore. It's a classic.
I well know what you are talking about.
That place he took the chain saw too, I was there just about a week before.
Still see his truck a lot on the road.

redfornow":thy0psq3 said:
Nowland Farms":thy0psq3 said:
When chainsaws are outlawed, only outlaws will have chainsaws.

And only the outlaws will be warm

:devil2: "I'll be givin up my chainsaw when they pry my cold dead fingers from around it." :devil2:

Rookie":2wc2ut0f said:
redfornow":2wc2ut0f said:
Nowland Farms":2wc2ut0f said:
When chainsaws are outlawed, only outlaws will have chainsaws.

And only the outlaws will be warm

:devil2: "I'll be givin up my chainsaw when they pry my cold dead fingers from around it." :devil2:

I know what yall mean.
Our state legislature is in session now.
recall that last april a now certified crazy man shot and killed 32 innocent folks and himself at Va. Tech.
Yesterday the doo gooders held a big rally at the state capital to try to further tighten the gun laws here in Va.
No mention of tightening the crazy folk laws, or of enforcing the laws we have. This guy bought his guns at a dealer and went through a background check but because he was crazy there could be no mention of it in his background check because it was confidential.

Now the do gooders want to tighten the gun laws. Trotted out family members of the folks killed with do gooders circling em like buzzards.

Our country just ain't right thinking any more.

Latest posts