Remedy (brush control)

Help Support CattleToday:

TXBobcat

Reaction score
Speaking of Remedy, does anyone know where it can be bought in a 55 gal drum? I know it can be purchased by the gal at TSC, etc. but would like to buy it in a bigger volume to save a little.

I just bought my first gallon of remedy. I have about 15 acres I want to spot treat for mesquites, blackthorns and cactus. I have a 15 gallon sprayer on our ATV and wondered what mixture would work best. I've heard mixing diesel and remedy, but how much? Then do you add water to it to fill it up? Does water and diesel mix up properly to spray it? Just looking for some advice. I'm in north central Texas about an hour south of Dallas.

For a foliar spray you just use water, Remedy and a surfictant. For basal spray (not foliage) you use diesel and Rremedy. Since we don;t have any mesquite etc I don;t know what the mix should be.

What would you use to kill blackberries and when is the best time to spray them?
and will anything kill red cedars?

Blackberries kill best when they're blooming, Grazon and Remedy mixed
Depends on what you call red cedar

TXBobcat":qiotyd6n said:
Speaking of Remedy, does anyone know where it can be bought in a 55 gal drum? I know it can be purchased by the gal at TSC, etc. but would like to buy it in a bigger volume to save a little.
You might try xsag.com

dun":2iyzlp6x said:

Dun, how much Remedy and Grazon do you use per gallon?

danl":1kd3tmxz said:
dun":1kd3tmxz said:

Grazon 2 pt acre Remedy 2 oz acre
That's for broadcast spraying, for spot spraying 4 oz of remedy per acre

Brute 23":v3srk5s2 said:
You don't use diesel and water together. Its one or the other.... same ratio.
Correct, and you don;t use diesel on leaves only trunks or bare limbs/roots

dun":3p5o1p0p said:
[

That's for broadcast spraying, for spot spraying 4 oz of remedy per acre[/quote]
I will disagree with Dun here on the remedy amount
anything less than 7oz of Remedy pr acre is about the same as pi$$ing it on the ground
I run as high as 12oz per acre on broadcasting

Angus Cowman":qj4xobal said:
dun":qj4xobal said:
[

anything less than 7oz of Remedy pr acre is about the same as pi$$ing it on the ground
I run as high as 12oz per acre on broadcasting[/quote]
I had a hard time believing that number too. That's what I've got written down but I think the oz should be pt for broadcast.

Angus Cowman":3ptmjknb said:
dun":3ptmjknb said:
[

I run as high as 12oz per acre on broadcasting[/quote]

Angus C, how toxic is your urine anyway? :)
I had a bunch of Wooly,Goat or Dove Croton, whatever it is come up two years ago and it was worse last year. I want to get on it this year. When is the best time to spray it? And is the Remedy or Grazon or a mixture best for that?

Never mind, just did a search and found the answer..Duh..

I guess I am a little late, the post said mid april, but I don't see it coming up yet.

If you'll read the Remedy directions, it calculates out to 9.2 oz. per gallon for foliar spraying. I use a 15 gal. sprayer, too, so I go by the per-gallon recipe. I use Top Surf surfactant, but there are others.

Ruark":1r22vspt said:
If you'll read the Remedy directions, it calculates out to 9.2 oz. per gallon for foliar spraying. I use a 15 gal. sprayer, too, so I go by the per-gallon recipe. I use Top Surf surfactant, but there are others.
I will have to check but I think your numbers are off as
we use it at a rate of 1/3 oz of remedy pr gallon of water and never over 1/2oz pr gallon and spray an acre with 20 gallons pr acre of mix
at 9.2 oz pr gal that would be 184 oz pr acre which would be AWFUL expensive spraying

Angus Cowman":30rl3kfe said:
Ruark":30rl3kfe said:
I will have to check but I think your numbers are off as
we use it at a rate of 1/3 oz of remedy pr gallon of water and never over 1/2oz pr gallon and spray an acre with 20 gallons pr acre of mix
at 9.2 oz pr gal that would be 184 oz pr acre which would be AWFUL expensive spraying

Boy, I really messed that one up!! I meant per 15 gallons (using a 15 gallon sprayer), not per gallon. Yeah, that would be a little stiff.... :shock: :shock: :shock:

And it is 9.6, not 9.2.

The Remedy directions say use 64 oz. per 100 gallons of water. I have a 15 gallon sprayer. .15 X 64 = 9.6. I still haven't sprayed the cedar yet, I'm assuming that strength will kill them. I think first I'm going to do an experimental spraying with just a 1-gallon sprayer and see what the effect is.

Ruark":25cp4irn said:
The Remedy directions say use 64 oz. per 100 gallons of water. I have a 15 gallon sprayer. .15 X 64 = 9.6. I still haven't sprayed the cedar yet, I'm assuming that strength will kill them. I think first I'm going to do an experimental spraying with just a 1-gallon sprayer and see what the effect is.

I sprayed several chest-high cedars (ashe juniper) and mesquites with Remedy at 1 oz. per gallon + 1 oz. per gallon of Top Surf surfactant. Today is the 7th day, and the cedars are just beginning to turn a brownish color. Not much - just enough to notice. The mesquites are barely showing a yellowish tinge. This is about right - if they start changing color any sooner, you used too much Remedy and you'll just burn the leaves off.

I also sprayed some briar vines and other climbing vines and some prickly pear. No visible results on them yet.

Latest posts