Fencing full of Brush, etc.

Help Support CattleToday:

Lots of good suggestions here. Personally, I like the idea of running a couple of hot-wires inside, giving you time and room to place the fence. ( I am choosing this method cause I don't have the cash to replace all at once) Choose the worst first to replace, repair the rest until its turn to be replaced. Spray with "remedy", a woody plant herbicide. When its time to replace that section - a lot of clearing will have been done on its own then. In fact, mix a match of remedy and arsenal (3 year rated herbicide for grasses) it will help clean the fences up for sure. With overgrowth - manual labor will always be a part of the clean-up. Texas has both free range and closed range laws, depends on the county. if you live in an open range county livestock owners are not responsible for damage should they get loose - just as the driver is not responsible to the livestock owner for hitting the animal. UNLESS - said livestock are repeat offenders and the owner has been issued a citation for improper fencing. https://agrilife.org/texasaglaw/files/2 ... wnload.pdf