Remedy (brush control)

Help Support CattleToday:

Make sure you leave them standing for at least a year. If you shred them before that you might as well be starting over. I know my mesquites are dead when the cows knock them over.

bird dog":stf27jpn said:
Make sure you leave them standing for at least a year. If you shred them before that you might as well be starting over. I know my mesquites are dead when the cows knock them over.

No problem - it'll be at least that long before I will have time to mess with them anyway. Right now I just want to kill the blasted stuff. Will be posting updates from time to time.

Ruark

I have been using 1/3 oz remedy to 1 gal deisel and has taken me 5 yr but have killed every mesquite on the sixty acre patch.And when I moved here they were thick.I spray the trunk of the ones thats 2 in or larger and just spray the leaves of the little ones.I've killed some that were up to 8 in through at the trunk.The trick is to make sure you go all the way around the tree or it will just kill one side of it. You wont know until the next spring wheither you killed it or not. and there are always little sprouts coming up here and there but they are easly killed just spray them while they are small.
In 2 years you can just bump the mesquite with the tractor and they will shatter like glass. I tried using dye to tell where I have sprayed but about a half hour you couldnt tell.I done all the spraying from my 4 wheeler so I just took a roll of toilet paper with me and just hung a piece in the tree when I sprayed it.Worked for me. :)

Cal

Latest posts