Registered Black Angus having a red calf?

Help Support CattleToday:

It is no different than the holstein assoc. They used to deny the reds. Finally, they have merged the two assoc. "the Holstein assoc" and the Red and White assoc. Stupid to have to keep up with 2 different registrations. I have one farm that their red and whites actually out milk their black and whites. They are 99% registered now. We run 3 separate "strings" to get averages from the red & whites, the black & whites and their brown swiss. They show quite a bit and do real well with all 3 "colors/breeds". Black Angus are black. Red angus are red. They should have an "ANGUS" association and recognize both the colors. I've seen some nice reds. Tell me why they advertise "ANGUS BEEF" yet only allow an animal that meets certain % of black hide that has nothing to do with angus genetics. I understand it is marketing....but still, it was started by the angus assoc.... they ought to market "angus" beef not a black hided animal.

To the average mom, they don't even know what color the Angus is,just that it's certified angus beef...But it seems from what I've seen, is red angus as a breed is more consistent...though it might be because every yahoo ain't got a herd of em..on every corner...

To be honest, I do like Red Angus better...more consistency than the popular Black Angus from what I noticed.

Latest posts