Red Fine Line Mulberry 26P

Help Support CattleToday:

I have seen some calves and I was not that impressed. Maybe I was expecting too much. Brylor has a bunch of bulls in this years sale catalogue (google on line)

He may be fine, but I can't hardly stomach looking through that catalog talking about the $50,000 relatives on all the bulls. Give me function instead of hype. It seems that they Hype Machine is firing on all cycliners.

elwapo":fs65t28a said:
I have seen some calves and I was not that impressed. Maybe I was expecting too much. Brylor has a bunch of bulls in this years sale catalogue (google on line)
Your balancers, are they gelby top, ra bottom or a mixture. Do you have your own bulls or ai?

cowpoke
We use mostly angus A.I. sires over purebred Gelbvieh cows, but we do have a few PB RA clean up bulls. I recently purchased 31 PB RA cows and will be using A mix of A.I. and walking sires of both breeds.

elwapo":tvwerp3s said:
cowpoke
We use mostly angus A.I. sires over purebred Gelbvieh cows, but we do have a few PB RA clean up bulls. I recently purchased 31 PB RA cows and will be using A mix of A.I. and walking sires of both breeds.
What are some of the ai ra sires you use?

I have used llc Crand Canyon, TKP Bodacious, Cherokee Canyon, All Beef.
This year I have red angus calves by , Mulberry, Cheyanne ,Ter Ron Mambo, Bodacious, Mr Beef, Pasquale, Master plan, Major Lague, Red Carpet.

What do you think is your best group of RA calves? How are the Pasquale cales?

The most impressive calves so far this year are the Ter Ron Mambo and Bodacious calves. I also like the Master Plan calves. I am least impressed with the Major League calves at this point. I have only had one Pasquale calf so far it was born light and seems like a decent heifer, but like the Mulberry calves not a stand out so far. I have had no calving issues at all besides a breach. The heaviest so far is a bodacious bull calf at 103 lb. It is funny that on my PB Gelbvieh cows I never had a Bodacious calf over 100. I thought heterosis would increase birth weights, for me that is definitely not the case.

elwapo":iy0nr9np said:
I have used llc Crand Canyon, TKP Bodacious, Cherokee Canyon, All Beef.
This year I have red angus calves by , Mulberry, Cheyanne ,Ter Ron Mambo, Bodacious, Mr Beef, Pasquale, Master plan, Major Lague, Red Carpet.

Where do you find the semen for the pasquale bull.

Latest posts