Red cow/calf pair

Help Support CattleToday:

Jeanne - Simme Valley said:
Justin - it was great to meet you. I have the pair here at my farm. A NY 4-H'er bought her. They will be getting her picked up soon. So, in the meantime, my nephew, Phil, is working on getting her better halter broke. We had her good to tie, but a 9 year old will be showing her. There are 3 sisters, she's the youngest. they have been buying their show steers from me for a few years, and have started buying heifers the past few years. Soooo happy she is going to a good home.

That is a great story. I hope the 9 year old does well. Crack the whip on Phil. Lol

Jeanne - Simme Valley said:
Justin - it was great to meet you. I have the pair here at my farm. A NY 4-H'er bought her. They will be getting her picked up soon. So, in the meantime, my nephew, Phil, is working on getting her better halter broke. We had her good to tie, but a 9 year old will be showing her. There are 3 sisters, she's the youngest. they have been buying their show steers from me for a few years, and have started buying heifers the past few years. Soooo happy she is going to a good home.

It was wonderful to meet you as well Jeanne. That's awesome that the family has been buying calves from you for years, I was watching that guy bid and he was determined to take them home! I'll be looking for that calf in the winners pages!

They used to only show at their county fair - steers, sheep & pigs. But, now they have been venturing out more. They bought a bred show heifer last year, won her county fair and has a Exec. Order heifer calf on side now. Also bought a heifer calf that they are breeding to EO this month, and a fall heifer calf that was with these two fall heifers. So, they are getting quite a herd for the 3 girls. The girls have a feedlot project. Feed out maybe a dozen steers for freezer trade. After expenses, they split up the profit and buy their projects. Real go getters & good workers - and GREAT show gals!! Dad is a NYS Trooper. Great family.

Latest posts