Red Angus Sales

Help Support CattleToday:

delta 88

Reaction score
What sales have the best Red Angus Donor/Show prospects? Looking for a couple more donor quality cow prospects that will also be competitive show heifers on the national level. Just kinda getting started in the breed and want to build a herd of good cows with good genetics and balanced EPD's with good eye appeal as well.

They need to be a cow first and a show heifer second.......

delta 88":1jvvx3iq said:
What sales have the best Red Angus Donor/Show prospects? Looking for a couple more donor quality cow prospects that will also be competitive show heifers on the national level. Just kinda getting started in the breed and want to build a herd of good cows with good genetics and balanced EPD's with good eye appeal as well.

They need to be a cow first and a show heifer second.......
There are some really great cows and heifers at the convention sale today in Springfield, MO. Look at cattleinmotion.com

It would help a lot if you had included your location when you registered, that way someone near you could give you better info.

Depends where you are at - there are a lot of good herds out there. A lot of the better cattle are probably not even known by most. If you want the name recognition and feel like you'll get a better animal by paying more, look in the ARA Magazine - It is online. The ones with the flashiest color photos may be your choice - if you are just trying to build a solid herd, the classified section that has breeders listed by state might be your best option. RA website also has a breeder link section showing breeder web sites classified by state. Lots of good ones out there, I would say that it depends on what your breeder goals as to which herd may be your best choice - Give us a little more information on your goals and there are some of us that could help you out.

delta 88":3duuucia said:
How did the Sale at the Convention that was mentioned earlier go?
I only know of one for sure. The only heifer I was interested in went for 9k

Does anyone know much about the Red Round Up sale in Canada? The pics I have seen on some of those lots look pretty interesting. Guess I'm gonna have to get
that passport that my wife's been after me to get...........

ShuterSunset":mkxt5h1s said:
Does anyone know much about the Red Round Up sale in Canada? The pics I have seen on some of those lots look pretty interesting. Guess I'm gonna have to get
that passport that my wife's been after me to get...........

Been there. Cattle are quite impressive to look at. The hospitality is awesome and the food was great.

I was a sale rep and did not get a whole lot purchased as everything sold extremely high. It would be a fun trip for you.

Julian":1u8dv1f4 said:
BRG,
Are you going to have the Renneberg Dispersal Sale catalog posted online soon?

Ya, it is getting printed and will be up on the web hopefully by Monday.

Latest posts