Real Handy on the farm

Help Support CattleToday:

littletom, that is a great question and topic starter.

For me I think it is the cab tractor. No dust, no over spray of chemicals, no heat, no cold, and it's got a radio.

Everything I've bought is essential on the ranch!! Seriously though I'd say the Skid Steer

Mule, impact wrench, squeeze chute, grain bin

3pt hitch log splitter would probably be up there too.

Probably in the last few years is a chainsaw...I have had Ash trees galore die. If I had to use a hand saw I would be SOL.

I poster earlier but it seems to be gone, so here goes again lol
I think it depends on what season the question asked. Right now the power harrow is being appreciated for what it brings to the table. The addition of a dozer and excavator have been invaluable. ATV's were a game changer when they showed up.
Free standing corral panels have to be about the handiest thing around though.

Hard to choose. One of the things I bought a couple years ago I regret not getting sooner was a set of pallet forks for my loader. They stay on most of the year.
Another thing would have to be the fault finder.Easier to use a shows direction of problem.When I need to,I can get my grandson to bring their Polaris Ranger.Those things are nice.
One of the others would include two things. A three drawer tool box with lid that can be lifted in and out of a pickup or SUV.Plus a set of ratcheting boxends.

Hard to say, but glad I was able to acquire what I needed and when. A few items:
  • JD 5525 tractor with cab
  • Golden Rod fence stretcher, crimp sleeves and crimper tool for mending old wire fences that lost tensile and cannot bend without breaking
  • Recently, the Gallagher orange step in posts for hot wire, their Turbo wire, and offsets for attaching to barb wire fence. I wish I had known about this years and years ago. The offsets are awesome for keeping my bull off the fence and away from my neighbor's herd.
  • Injection guns for vaccines
  • Priefert squeeze chute, 04 head gate, palpation gate, and sweep and building the circular funnel alleys, gates, etc. so I can work my herd without help, other than my dogs.
  • Blue Lacy Dogs
The single biggest thing I've acquired - patience, knowledge and humility to learn from others and ask others for advice and help.

Hard to choose. One of the things I bought a couple years ago I regret not getting sooner was a set of pallet forks for my loader. They stay on most of the year.
Another thing would have to be the fault finder.Easier to use a shows direction of problem.When I need to,I can get my grandson to bring their Polaris Ranger.Those things are nice.
One of the others would include two things. A three drawer tool box with lid that can be lifted in and out of a pickup or SUV.Plus a set of ratcheting boxends.

Pallet forks are all I use for loading round bales. I don't like the spears, and don't even have a spear attachment for my FEL.

Latest posts