Rankest SOB ever

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno":1dn3au4g said:
Alan":1dn3au4g said:
Well I forgot about the wrecked gates .....

Two repaired and rehung the other is going to need a cutting torch and welding in
the shop next week.
Last time one of mine wadded one up I fixed it at the race car shop. I also spied some reject roll bar hoops and made a sweet gate out of that reject chrome Molly! Made for a nice heavy gate that I'm going to make another soon!

highgrit":5jomkzvn said:
It's all that light duty oil field pipe you used. :D CB, I can't see a animal being able to tear your catch pen up. He had to be crazy. He'll probably be hamburger tomorrow with that attitude.
He bounced off ever side of the pen, he went down the chute and in the trailer turned around and shot back into the chute before I could slam the gate. He ran and jumped against the sweep gate until he busted the hinge.
The pen gate he did the same until he had a bow in it. He couldn't get that one to budge.
It was my fault if I had closed the solid steel gate on the chute none of this would have happened.
Just can't move like I used to.

We had an insane cow that was impossible to get trailered. I finally got her in a smallish area that had a building in it. Backed the trailer up to the oly gate and tied a rope to the trailer gate and draped it across inside and had it come out the left front corner. I grabbed the rope and squated down so she couldn;t see me. Had a friend of mine go into the pen behind the bulding and had him walk around it. She raced into the trailer and jumped up and ran pulling the rope. That slammed the gate and the guy ran up and latched it. We had another cow that had twinned and raised them both. She was always pretty mellow. When we weaned them and preg checked she came up open so I decided to haul her to the sale barn. Had her in with a real easy going cow, my wifes pet Hereford that we used mostly to turn in with stockers to get them settled down. I ran them up the llaey to the trailer and the Hereford walked right in, the other lunatic did a roll back that would be the envy of a quarter horse. She charged me and knocked me down and commenced using her head to try and rub me into the ground. A buddy of mine was there and he threw his hat at her to distract her. It worked until I jumped up and started running for the fence. Didn;t make it, she nailed me again and commenced the head blotting deal again. He chunked rocks at her till she got distracted and I jumped up and started running again. Not fast enough, she nailed me again and started it again. He chunked more rocks at her to she got distracted. This time I got smart and rolled till I was under the lower rail of the corral. The Hereford finally walked out to see what was going on. By this time the cow had taken off with the corral panels draped in front of her, 3 to a side. Turned the Hereford back out with her and it took a week before they cot back into the catch corral. Fed them grain for a week but everytime the nut case heard me coming she would run and hide behind the shed. Finally had the butcher come out and she ran and hid around the corner. I put out grain and the Hereford started eating perfectly contented. Luny stayed behind the shed. I asked the butcher if he wanted me to try to run her out in the open. He said nope, just wait. We both shut up and he rested his SKS across the top rail and aimed for the corner of the shed. Took about 5 minutes and she peeked around the corner. One shot and she dropped like a rock. Hereford went over to her to see what all the kicking and thrashing was about, quickly lost interest and went back to eating the grain. Ground the while cow, some of the best burger I've ever eaten. Sold about 1/4 of it and donated half of the rest to the abused woman/kid center.

dun":3gpoy1dd said:
Taurus":3gpoy1dd said:
I wouldn't blame on that Angus bull. Sometimes the calf is wired wrong in his head. I got a cow that gave me a crazy calf last year that I want to shoot him then gave me another calf this year was docile as lamb that you can pet him.
A couple of years ago we used the highest EPD for docility angus on several cows. The most easy going laid back cow had a totally nuts calf, the other calves were calm as stump. The nut case went through several 5 strand barbed fences multiple times, all he would have to do was hear a voice or see someone and he was off and running.
Its funny thing is that both calves have same parents, I don't know why that particular calf was just nuts but I'm really glad he's gone to the *sale* barn last year.

Several years ago we had a wild, crazy cow that took her calf and ran like a wild woman every time we entered the pasture. We finally had to hire a guy with a horse to rope and drag the cow and by now 600 pound calf into the trailer. When we got the check from the sale barn, there was a note that said "steer went crazy, died in pen". We figured they shot him. Anyway, their insurance paid for him and we were glad to get it over.

Caustic Burno":3ikkjd72 said:
He was still crazy at the barn and cleared 1600 buck's.
I am not near as mad at him now as this morning.

Yes Bigbull he is out of my Angus and after four calf crops I got one crazy.

Frankie would be proud!

I am running tow bulls now. That neighbor's angus made the mistake of crossing a few fences and a gate. The bulls tag teamed him. He made another hole in the fence getting back out of the pasture. He aint been back. Think I found a solution to that problem. He's crazy nutso too when you pen him. I enjoy putting him in the pen.

Glad you got him loaded without injury to you.

Prefer the wild ones that want to bounce off of something to the ones that just want to bounce you around. Had plenty of brangus croses with attitude and others that wanted to get in your hip pocket, but the worst by far was a nice looking hereford out of Tennessee. Not knocking the breed, just the cow. She was just like an old wise buck deer. She'd stand like a statue in the brush and let you walk right on by. If you came up on her, she take off and cut a circle back into the brush behind you. Horrible rip.

Went to move the herd one time and spent forever just trying to get her out of the brush and into the lot with the rest of them. Didn't use the dog a lot back then, but he was called to duty. When she finally reached the lot, all she wanted to do was fight. She wouldn't let anyone in the pen and wouldn't go toward the rest of the herd. She was just going to fight, bellering, throwing snot and charging any chance she got. Finally had enough of her as she wasn't going to back down and released the dogs back on her. They spun her in circles until she couldn't spin any more. Heeler would grab her hock and then the pointer would do a drive by on her nose. It was a heck of a commotion. Best attitude adjustment I've seen to date. When they were through, she couldn't wait to get to that holding pen. She also loaded in the trailer for sale just fine.

Commercialfarmer":gjd08g0s said:
Glad you got him loaded without injury to you.

Prefer the wild ones that want to bounce off of something to the ones that just want to bounce you around. Had plenty of brangus croses with attitude and others that wanted to get in your hip pocket, but the worst by far was a nice looking hereford out of Tennessee. Not knocking the breed, just the cow. She was just like an old wise buck deer. She'd stand like a statue in the brush and let you walk right on by. If you came up on her, she take off and cut a circle back into the brush behind you. Horrible rip.

Went to move the herd one time and spent forever just trying to get her out of the brush and into the lot with the rest of them. Didn't use the dog a lot back then, but he was called to duty. When she finally reached the lot, all she wanted to do was fight. She wouldn't let anyone in the pen and wouldn't go toward the rest of the herd. She was just going to fight, bellering, throwing snot and charging any chance she got. Finally had enough of her as she wasn't going to back down and released the dogs back on her. They spun her in circles until she couldn't spin any more. Heeler would grab her hock and then the pointer would do a drive by on her nose. It was a heck of a commotion. Best attitude adjustment I've seen to date. When they were through, she couldn't wait to get to that holding pen. She also loaded in the trailer for sale just fine.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvEWYQGaFIc

I have a white one here I didn't have as good luck with as you did CB. He broke a pen gate down back in the spring and is still in the pasture. He is docile in the pasture, but when the steel gate shuts behind him, something evil gets triggered and he bounces off every panel at a full run.
Gonna give him another try around the end of Nov.

TennesseeTuxedo":woxt42lj said:
I know you've had a rough year health wise CB so this my be a pointless question but why didn't you band him at birth or cut him when he was a lot younger?

Glad you weren't hurt.

Probably wouldn't have made a difference. If they're crazy, they're crazy.

fitz

fitz":b3kelx3f said:
TennesseeTuxedo":b3kelx3f said:
I know you've had a rough year health wise CB so this my be a pointless question but why didn't you band him at birth or cut him when he was a lot younger?

Glad you weren't hurt.

Probably wouldn't have made a difference. If they're crazy, they're crazy.

fitz
Yup the crazy calf I had was a steer. I banded him when he was a day old and he's still crazy when we weaned him.

You ever get a crazy Hereford nothing is crazier and I mean nothing.
Most are like Ivory soap 99.9% dog gentle. That .1% is bat shyt crazy.
This boy wanted to fight he just come to the conclusion that guy with the ax handle
was crazy. I was standing on the backside of a steel gate and every time he would make
a run at me I made him see stars.

greybeard":1gmicr9v said:
I have a white one here I didn't have as good luck with as you did CB. He broke a pen gate down back in the spring and is still in the pasture. He is docile in the pasture, but when the steel gate shuts behind him, something evil gets triggered and he bounces off every panel at a full run.
Gonna give him another try around the end of Nov.
sounds like its time to call the cowboys to rope and dragg that calf in the trailer.

I have hauled more than one crazy one to the sale in the company of some gentle cows. Get to the sale and sort off the crazy and load the good ones back up and take them home. Most crazies (not all) are easier to handle when they are with other cattle.

Dave":1983rist said:
I have hauled more than one crazy one to the sale in the company of some gentle cows. Get to the sale and sort off the crazy and load the good ones back up and take them home. Most crazies (not all) are easier to handle when they are with other cattle.
That's the way my "x" wife was.

Latest posts