Rankest SOB ever

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno

Reaction score
Had a cow got out of sync somehow calved in April.
Had a 650 pound bull calf on her, penned them this morning for his farewell party.
Cut all the cows out and this SOB lost his mind. It was to the point I had pulled the 22 mag and was
fixing to drop him in the pen and skin him at the house.
He tore down a 12 foot gate a four foot and a three in the pen.
Repeatedly tried to go over or through the pen.
Put me out of my own pen that is when I lost my temper.
This boy was way past Hot Shot mad and I hadn't touched him with one.
At this point I got the axe handle for a come to Jesus meeting as I had made up my mind at this point.
He had the option to go in the chute and on the trailer or freezer.
After about two minutes of talk he decided chute.
When we unloaded him at the sale barn he was still trying to eat people.
I hope he rides a slow hot boat to China and goes into hamburger there.
I have handled some rank cows in my life but I think this boy gets the blue ribbon for Bat Shyt Crazy.

Wow, that is certainly the definition of Bat Shyt Crazy for sure.. especially for being a young'un too.
The SH bull we had (7 years old) was the same.. all the handlers at the sale barn remember him 6 years later, but he was about 2400 lbs of bat shyt crazy.. I'm sure he's the one that bent up a bunch of the panels over there!

My sale barn had a 2000 pound bull get loose on the catwalk one time. They were running him into the bullpen and the gate to the catwalk was right beside them. The catwalk gate was cracked and he saw daylight and went for it. This was right before the sale and the catwalk was full of people. There was jumping off into the pens below, luckily the bull wasn't mean just scared .

Finally coaxed him down after about 3 hours. Definetly an interesting day at the sale barn.

CB im betting that crazy calf was out of your angus bull.glad that your ok and didnt get stomped.crazy calves are hard to move.ive seen some bounce off the fences.

I thought the term was"guano crazy". That's how I saw feinstein, pelosi and reed described the towehr day

Good grief! With any luck he was calm and cool at the sale and brought you a good price.

I really hate surprises like that.

Kept a beef steer back, a couple of years ago, 1/4 Jersey. He was a sweetheart, follow-you-around-puppydog. The day we went to load him, so he could meet-up with the plastic wrap, he went ballistic! It took us 4 hours to get him loaded. Once at the place, I thought he was going to kill every one of us if he had the chance. He was turned loose in a barn where he could just set and calm down for a day or so. Fortunately he made for some decent meat.

I had a cow go crazy on me one time. My children were small, about 3 and 8, and we were walking in the pasture checking cows, like we'd done dozens of times before. There was one calf that was a week or two old, but we were nowhere close to it. I happened to hear a noise, so I looked up, and here was this calf's mother with her head down charging us like she meant business. I bent down, picked up my daughter, and stepped in front of my son. When the cow was 8 or 10 feet from us I yelled real loud. She swerved to the side and just barely missed us. Scariest moment of my life. Anyway, we got on out of the pasture, and I called the people who lived there (it was a rent pasture), explained what had happened, and asked them not to go into the pasture for a few days. The next Saturday my father and I went there to try to pen her. She was still charging anyone on foot, so we couldn't figure out how to get her in the pen. We finally got lucky when she went to one side of the truck and trailer, and her calf went on my side. I jumped out, grabbed the calf, and got in the trailer with it and pulled the trailer gate shut. I put the calf in the front, closed the partition gate, then climbed up on top of the trailer and got the back gates open. The cow climbed in the trailer to get to the calf, I closed the gate on her, and we headed to the auction barn. I never did figure out what made her act that way. She had had several other calves and never acted like that, and thankfully I haven't had another one do it before or since.

He was still crazy at the barn and cleared 1600 buck's.
I am not near as mad at him now as this morning.

Yes Bigbull he is out of my Angus and after four calf crops I got one crazy.

Caustic Burno":1qu6r64n said:

I wouldn't blame on that Angus bull. Sometimes the calf is wired wrong in his head. I got a cow that gave me a crazy calf last year that I want to shoot him then gave me another calf this year was docile as lamb that you can pet him.

Taurus":19hwgfd3 said:
Caustic Burno":19hwgfd3 said:

I wouldn't blame on that Angus bull. Sometimes the calf is wired wrong in his head. I got a cow that gave me a crazy calf last year that I want to shoot him then gave me another calf this year was docile as lamb that you can pet him.
A couple of years ago we used the highest EPD for docility angus on several cows. The most easy going laid back cow had a totally nuts calf, the other calves were calm as stump. The nut case went through several 5 strand barbed fences multiple times, all he would have to do was hear a voice or see someone and he was off and running.

Caustic Burno":2yju5h83 said:

$1600 must make you feel like it ended well and you would do it again for that price? :tiphat:

It's all that light duty oil field pipe you used. :D CB, I can't see a animal being able to tear your catch pen up. He had to be crazy. He'll probably be hamburger tomorrow with that attitude.

Latest posts