Rankest SOB ever

Help Support CattleToday:

TexasBred":1gy2jysv said:
Dave":1gy2jysv said:
I have hauled more than one crazy one to the sale in the company of some gentle cows. Get to the sale and sort off the crazy and load the good ones back up and take them home. Most crazies (not all) are easier to handle when they are with other cattle.
That's the way my "x" wife was.

You loaded her with some gentle cows and hauled her to town? Or was she a cow that was easier to handle when in the company of other cows? My crazy ex just up and left. Leaving all her kids with me, which was fine. Three teenage girls were easier to live with than she was.

Dave":2knax1sr said:
TexasBred":2knax1sr said:
Dave":2knax1sr said:
I have hauled more than one crazy one to the sale in the company of some gentle cows. Get to the sale and sort off the crazy and load the good ones back up and take them home. Most crazies (not all) are easier to handle when they are with other cattle.
That's the way my "x" wife was.

You loaded her with some gentle cows and hauled her to town? Or was she a cow that was easier to handle when in the company of other cows? My crazy ex just up and left. Leaving all her kids with me, which was fine. Three teenage girls were easier to live with than she was.
She was the picture of perfection in the presence of a crowd. Needless to say when the crowd disbursed she changed. .

I have one cow that goes bat shyt crazy when she's put in the crowding pen.. She does have an excuse though.. last time she went in there she was hauled to the vet to get dehorned, she seems to remember that, and must think "I don't have any horns left, so what are they going to do NEXT time?"

Few years back I bought an angus heifer off craigslist. She was about 15months old and slick as a ribbon, came from a closed herd in north GA. Never gave me a minutes trouble until I went to vaccinate and tag her and just so happen she was the last in line and was alone. She went crazy jumped a fence by the barn, went thru a 6 stand fence and tried to run thru some page wire. Ended up hitting so many times with her head she pulled the post outta the ground then stepped back and jumped over it. Next I got her up she got locked in the barn and got a new address. The crazy's aren't worth the trouble.

lavacarancher":1j6gj5rb said:
Caustic Burno":1j6gj5rb said:
I will enjoy watching him go through the ring this afternoon.

CB, don't sit down with the buyers. He might remember you and shyt all over you just for spite. Glad you're OK. Hate those kind.

I can with this buyer he is a friend of mine.

He won't be for long!

It's always a relief to get the spooks and freak shows sold and go back to a bunch of animals that stay peacefully chewing cud when you come along.

Glad you are ok CB. Several good tips have been brought up during this discussion. Most of these tips I have learned the hard way. When I was younger they didn't get too mean for me. Now days I pay a lot more attention. If I can train them to come into the lot to feed I can handle them. Some tips for newbees and maybe some of the older cattle people.
1.Most corrals need heavier gates. Some gates need heavier fences.
2.When working them always leave a gentle one for last. If one is the least bit crazy they will go nuts when left for last.
3.If one is stupid the more you yell and make noise the crazier they become.
4.Sometimes its worth while to load a gentle one with them and bring the gentle one back after you have unloaded.
5.I realize that CB almost had to do this in this situation but I see people hit calves on the face when maybe its not needed. In the past if someone hit me in the face they had better do it good or it would just pizz me off.
6. Even gentle cattle handled rough will act different.
7. Work cattle from the shoulder. That is their pivit point. Unless they are after you they will not go forward if you are in front of the shoulder. Same way backward. They will not back up if you are behind the shoulder.

Nesikep":2xftr5ah said:
He won't be for long!

It's always a relief to get the spooks and freak shows sold and go back to a bunch of animals that stay peacefully chewing cud when you come along.

Thats funny .
We are old friends.
All my cows are dog gentle even my Brimmer crosses as I have gotten older.
Don't want any rodeos like I did when I was young.
I have had some goofy and crazies through years.
This boy went on the fight the second the gate closed.

Jeanne - Simme Valley used to use athe term "COD" Cull On Disposition. I always have but never had a catchy term to describe it.

kenny thomas":1bwuuxxd said:
Glad you are ok CB. Several good tips have been brought up during this discussion. Most of these tips I have learned the hard way. When I was younger they didn't get too mean for me. Now days I pay a lot more attention. If I can train them to come into the lot to feed I can handle them. Some tips for newbees and maybe some of the older cattle people.
1.Most corrals need heavier gates. Some gates need heavier fences.
2.When working them always leave a gentle one for last. If one is the least bit crazy they will go nuts when left for last.
3.If one is stupid the more you yell and make noise the crazier they become.
4.Sometimes its worth while to load a gentle one with them and bring the gentle one back after you have unloaded.
5.I realize that CB almost had to do this in this situation but I see people hit calves on the face when maybe its not needed. In the past if someone hit me in the face they had better do it good or it would just pizz me off.
6. Even gentle cattle handled rough will act different.
7. Work cattle from the shoulder. That is their pivit point. Unless they are after you they will not go forward if you are in front of the shoulder. Same way backward. They will not back up if you are behind the shoulder.

Good pointers Kenny

Latest posts