Anyone ever bought anything from Alibaba?

Help Support CattleToday:

greybeard

Reaction score
They have something I want and can't find anywhere else, but I'm curious how their shipping costs are and how they deal with import duties..

It's China's Amazon isn't it? We were told yesterday that a shipping container used to cost $2500 to ship product over here now it's $25,000. I've been told that by 3 people. Things are going up!

No it is not China's Amazon. Alibaba makes Amazon look like a corner 5 and Dime store. They are hands down the largest retailer in the world. What Amazon is to the family, Alibaba is to entire industries.

Sorry greybeard, but I do not know the answer to your question. I did buy something several years ago from them and did not notice any different buying experience from them that I get from Amazon. But then again, it wasn't anything large.

Alibaba Group Holding Limited, also known as Alibaba Group and Alibaba.com, is a Chinese multinational technology company specializing in e-commerce, retail, Internet, and technology. Founded on 28 June 1999[1] in Hangzhou, Zhejiang, the company provides consumer-to-consumer (C2C), business-to-consumer (B2C), and business-to-business (B2B) sales services via web portals, as well as electronic payment services, shopping search engines and cloud computing services. It owns and operates a diverse portfolio of companies around the world in numerous business sectors.[6]

According to this article dated March 31st of 2021. Amazon is the 4th largest company in the world and Alibaba 9th. went checking to make sure I wasn't going crazy. Sorry for the bold print couldn't figure how to turn it off

I haven't bought from Alibaba, but I have from AliExpress, and I probably won't do it again.. I got a plasma cutter that was supposed to be 60amp and cut 3/4" steel, it puts out 38 amp and manages 1/4" alright.. AliExpress complaint/return department SUCKS, I suggested that since it only cuts 1/3'rd of what it's supposed to I'll be willing to pay 1/3 of the price.. they denied it all, and it was paypal that came through and thought that was a reasonable return.

What are you looking for GB?

According to this article dated March 31st of 2021. Amazon is the 4th largest company in the world and Alibaba 9th. went checking to make sure I wasn't going crazy. Sorry for the bold print couldn't figure how to turn it off

Thank you for the correction.

Latest posts