Raindance v Rainfall v President

Help Support CattleToday:

LCBulls said:
CreekAngus said:
LCBulls said:
We're in Northern Utah.

I was thinking SE Idaho, that looks a lot like the Bear Lake area near Montpelier. One of the most beautiful parts of the US.

Bear Lake area is really beautiful. We are Near Kamas, Utah which is a couple hour drive from Bear Lake. We normally run up on the mountains within 30 miles as a crow flies from Bear Lake.

Kamas is high country, but incredibly beautiful. I always thought Morgan would be a nice place to live.

CreekAngus said:
LCBulls said:
CreekAngus said:
I was thinking SE Idaho, that looks a lot like the Bear Lake area near Montpelier. One of the most beautiful parts of the US.

Bear Lake area is really beautiful. We are Near Kamas, Utah which is a couple hour drive from Bear Lake. We normally run up on the mountains within 30 miles as a crow flies from Bear Lake.

Kamas is high country, but incredibly beautiful. I always thought Morgan would be a nice place to live.

Yeah, we calve at over 7000'. Nobody ever accused us of being very smart.

Can anyone tell me about SAV Rainmaster, he is by Charlo out of 4136, so a flush brother to the others. He is the only one of this flush available to me in Australia that I know of, marketed by ABS. He never gets a mention here, is he that bad?????

Ken

wbvs58 said:
Can anyone tell me about SAV Rainmaster, he is by Charlo out of 4136, so a flush brother to the others. He is the only one of this flush available to me in Australia that I know of, marketed by ABS. He never gets a mention here, is he that bad?????

Ken
He isn't marketed as much as the others, President and Rainmaker are the flagship bulls for the companies they are with. Rainmaster is probably right there with the rest of the flush, but ABS here in the US has other bulls getting used far more than this entire flush put together.

Can anyone tell me roughly what weight the raindance calves typically come?? I have two coming in a few weeks coming out of heifers, but these are I typical heifers. They're larger framed limi heifers. Hoping for some nice limflex calves

I know it's still early, but we just had our first Raindance heifer and are definitely excited about her potential. I saw her get up and right away thought 75-80# calf. But when I picked her up to bring to lean to and weigh her, she was SOLID like a brick, weighed in at 90#. She's out of our Curtin Lady cow (7229).

I checked on Rainfall and saw his CED and BW and started thinking about him, along with his price of $35 compared to Raindance and President.

Who and what are you breeding these three to??

How real is Rainfall's CED and who does he work on?

Phenotype comparison of the three? Who stands out

What will you be breeding daughters to?

What about line breeding? We have a Resource heifer out of that same 7229 cow, that i was thinking about putting Rainfall and eventually Raindance and/or President on to stack 4136

Justin
I had 3 calves out of Rainfall. Out of some Capitalist first calf heifers and a Hoover dam heifer. The calves weighed, 2 bulls and 1 heifer were 60, 65, and 72 lbs. I think his numbers are actually pretty accurate and could maybe blame your calf size on either the weather, or the cows that threw them.

Latest posts